The Morphy Richards Intellisteam Food Steamer is a versatile, yet simple-to-use and will work well in any kitchen. We have pulled together some of our favourite recipes that will help to make the most out of your steamer.
Steamed oriental Salmon
- 150g/5¼oz salmon fillet
- 2 spring onions, sliced lengthways
- 1 tomato, cut into quarters
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- ½ lemon, juice only
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
Method:Step 1: Place the fillet of salmon into the Intellisteam, and set to cook for 8 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through.
Steamed Chicken with Creamy Leeks and Mushrooms
- 4 sprigs of tarragon
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 leek, diced finely
- 200g/7oz chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- pinch curry powder
- pinch saffron strands (steeped in a little water) or turmeric
- small bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 100ml/3½fl oz low fat fromage frais
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Method:Step 1: Decorate each chicken breast with a sprig of tarragon and place in the steamer for 15 minutes until cooked through.
Lamb with Oregano and Tomato
- 4 x 110-125g (4-5oz) lamb leg or lamb rump steaks
- 1x Tbsp olive oil
- 1x Large garlic clove, crushed
- 2x Tbsp tomato puree
- 1 Tsp dried oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 50g (1lb 11oz) Baby new potatoes, scrubbed
- 1x Tbsp olive oil
- 1x Tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 2x Mint sprigs
- 400g (14oz) Carrots, sliced
- ½ Tsp cumin seeds (optional)
- 10g (1/3oz) Butter
- Mint sprigs
Step 1: Put lamb steaks into a non-metallic bowl and add the olive oil, garlic, tomato puree and oregano. Season with salt and pepper, then toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Step 2: Put lamb steaks in back container.
Step 3: Position divider wall in front container. Toss potatoes in olive oil and lemon zest, then tip compartment and add mint sprigs. Place carrots in remaining compartment, sprinkle with cumin seeds (if using) and put butter on top
Step 4: Set time for lamb using chicken pre-set (27 mins). Set time for carrots using root vegetable pre-set (35 mins) then adjust to 30 minutes. Set time for potatoes using pre-set for root vegetables (35 mins).
Serve garnished with mint sprigs.
Cooks tip: Lamb can be wrapped and cooked in cooking foil to retain juices and prevent surface protein.