Updated: 7th December 2020
At Morphy Richards we believe that your personal data is very important and we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Please read this policy carefully as it lays out the ways we process your personal data and how we will treat it.
We are committed to being transparent about how we collect your data, how we use it and your rights.
This policy will set out:
- How we collect your personal data on our website
- How we use your data as a customer of ours
- How we use supplier data
- What happens if you do not supply your personal data
- How we use your data for marketing
- What happens when you call us
- How we process your personal data
- Why we process your data
- How and why we may share your data
- Transferring your data overseas
- Information about data security
- Your rights and choices when it comes to your data
- Withdrawing your consent
- How to contact us
We may collect and process personal data about you in the following circumstances:
- when you complete forms or place an order on our website (“Site”). This includes the list on personal data below, which is provided at the time of registering to use our Site, registering a product, completing a contact us form or ordering, where you ask us to contact you about our goods or services, subscribe to our mailing list, or subscribe/request or goods or services;
- Your Name
- Your address
- Your email address
- Your telephone number
- whenever you provide information to us when reporting a problem with our Site, making a complaint, making an enquiry or contacting us for any other reason. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- details of your visits to our Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise, and the resources that you access (see the section on Cookies below);
- whenever you disclose your information to us, or we collect information from you in any other way, through our Site.
We may also collect data in the following ways:
- We may collect information about your device, including where available your Internet Protocol address, for reasons of fraud protection. We may also collect information about your device’s operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
We may use your personal data for our legitimate interests in order to:
- provide you with information, or services that you requested from us;
- When you purchase a product or spare from us;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our Site, when you choose to do so;
- ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- improve our Site and services;
- process and deal with any complaints or enquiries made by you; and
- contact you for marketing purposes where you have signed up for these (see section 6 for further details).
- Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. Please note that if you follow a link to any of these websites, such websites will apply different terms to the collection and privacy of your personal data and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. When you leave our Site, we encourage you to read the privacy notice/policy of every website you visit.
We will collect details such as listed below when you order goods or services from us either via our Site or on the telephone. We will use this information to process your order and comply with our contractual obligations.
- Your Name
- Your Billing address
- Your Delivery address
- Your email address
- Your telephone number
In order to perform our contact with you, we may also need to share personal data with third parties such as payment providers and postal service organisations to assist in the delivery of goods or services you have ordered;
- RKW To fulfill housewares orders
- SagePay To process payments
- Paypal To process payments
- Hermes To deliver your order
- BazaarVoice To collect and disseminate reviews
- Trust Pilot To collect and host reviews
- Emarsys To send email marketing when explicit consent is given
- Emarsys To store product registration data
- Red Technology To manage all website services including sales and product registration
- VE Global To advertise relevant products to you. (please see more in our marketing section.)
- Facebook To create advertising to target people with similar interests via Facebook and other social media platforms.
We may also advertise your feedback on our website and marketing materials (subject to obtaining your prior consent where necessary);
We will retain your information as long as we require this to provide you with the goods or services ordered from us and for a period of Six years from the end of the financial year in which the transaction was made
We will retain your product registration information for 5 years after the expiration of the guarantee date of your last registered product.
Where you have subscribed to receive marketing correspondence from us we will keep your personal data for the period of time described in the Marketing section below.
Customer Service Contacts
We will collect details such as listed below when you contact our Customer Services from us either via telephone, email or letter. We will use this information to deal with your request and comply with our guarantee obligations.
- Your Name
- Your address
- Your email address
- Your telephone number
We will retain emails and letters for a period of 3 years.
Please see the monitoring and recording section for information on how long we will retain recordings of telephone calls.
Any claims e.g. reports and insurance claims will be kept for 3 years from the date the case is closed unless a payment has been made in which case records will be kept by our Finance department for 6 years (VAT purposes).
Home Trial Panel
We maintain a list of home trial panel members who test our products on a regular basis. The data held on this panel is:
- Contact name
- Number of people in household
- Socioeconomic grading
- Further information about your house including pets owned, type of floors and type of house
Data will be retained for the duration of the time panel members wish to participate. Home Trail members can exercise your right to withdraw your consent to the above at any time.
Business to business Contacts
We will hold contact details for our business to business customers. These details include:
- Contact name
- Job role
- Business telephone number, including mobile phone number
- Business email address
- Business postal address
We will keep the personal data for 6 years further to the end of the contract
We will collect details such as the data listed below in order to contact you about goods or services ordered with you, to place further orders and to pay you for the goods and/or services supplied. We will keep the personal data for 6 years further to being provided with the goods/services or for the duration of the warranty or licence period.
- Contact Name
- Invoice address
- Head Office Address
- Contact email address
- Contact telephone number
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide the data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example to provide you with our goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
In addition to the uses described in sections above, where you indicate you would like to receive marketing correspondence from us, subscribe to our mailing lists or newsletters, enter into any of our competitions or provide us with your details at networking events we may use your personal data for our legitimate interests in order to provide you with details about our products which we think may be of interest. We may occasionally send you surveys relating to the product you own.
You have the right to opt-out of receiving the information detailed in the section above at any time. To opt-out of receiving such information you can:
- Tick the relevant box situated in the form on which we collect your information;
- Clicking the unsubscribe button contained in any such communication received; or
- Call 0344 871 0242 providing us with your name and contact details.
Where you have subscribed to receive marketing correspondence from us we will keep personal data for 5 years after the expiration of the guarantee date of your last registered product.
We do not share with or sell your email address to 3rd parties.
We may use your data to create advertising to target people with similar interests via Facebook and other social media platforms.
Bazaarvoice (our review collecting partners) will collect data for use in interest-based advertising and personalisation
We also use a company called VE Global to serve adverts online based on items you have viewed on our website. This is done by dropping a cookie onto your computer
The data VE Global may collect from you is
IP (internet protocol) address; referring site URL (website address) where your session started, and details about your device, including type (e.g. mobile or tablet), brand, model, operating system name and version, browser name, version, language and protocol, and other unique numbers assigned to a device (e.g. IDFA on iPhone, Google adID on Android);
- details about the pages and activities (e.g. products viewed or purchased, including details of purchases made and the time and duration of visits to pages of the Client’s Site), page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page using your IP address, your approximate geolocation (e.g. postcode);
You can opt out or both Bazaarvoice and VE Global advertising but going to https://youradchoices.com/
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone communications and emails) for the purpose of quality assurance and training. As of the 1st May 2018 we will retain these recordings for 2 years. We also have CCTV cameras installed in our premises for the purpose of crime prevention and for health and safety reasons. We retain such information for 30 days, however if an incident occurs the footage will be kept for 3 years from the date of the incident. We utilise the services of Halls Security to facilitate our on site security and from time to time personal data may be shared with them.
We use automated processing of personal data to provide you with the relevant information via email marketing. We utilise the product or spare or accessory sales and registration data. We will also anonymise this information for reporting purposes.
We will only use your personal data where the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- For performance of a contract we enter into with you such as when you buy something from us;
- Where necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation we are subject to;
- Where necessary in order to protect your vital interests in respect of a product you have purchased from us; and
- For our legitimate interests (as described within this policy) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override these interests.
In addition to the third parties mentioned above, we may disclose your information to third parties for our following legitimate interests as follows:
- To staff members in order to facilitate the provision of goods or services to you;
- To a 3rd party to fulfil your order
- To our affiliated entities to support internal administration;
- IT software providers that host our website and store data on our behalf;
- HM Revenue and Customs, regulators and other authorities who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances; and
We may disclose personal data to the police, regulatory bodies, legal advisors or similar third parties where we are under a legal duty to disclose or share personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our website terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We will not sell or distribute personal data to other organisations without your approval.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk.
Information you provide to us is shared on our secure servers. We have implemented appropriate physical, technical and organisational measures designed to secure your information against accidental loss and unauthorised access, use, alteration or disclosure. In addition, we limit access to personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties that have a legitimate business need for such access.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if the personal data we hold about you changes.
Data protection legislation gives you the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances or withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data where this has been provided. You also have the right to access information held about you and for this to be provided in an intelligible form. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please complete this form or send an email to email@example.com. In certain circumstances we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request.
You can also ask us to undertake the following:
- Update or amend your personal data if you feel this is inaccurate;
- Remove your personal data from our database entirely;
- Send you copies of your personal data in a commonly used format and transfer your information to another entity where you have supplied this to us, and we process this electronically with your consent or where necessary for the performance of a contract; or
- Restrict the use of your personal data.
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access, and to provide you with the personal data that we hold about you or make your requested changes. Data protection legislation may allow or require us to refuse to provide you with access to some or all the personal data that we hold about you or to comply with any requests made in accordance with your rights referred to above. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal data, or process any other request we receive, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal data, you have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent Please complete this form or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org with any requests relating to the above specifying that you want to withdraw consent.
If you have any questions, comments or requests regarding this policy or how we use your personal data please complete this form or email us on email@example.com specifying the nature of your request. This is in addition to your right to contact the Information Commissioners Office if you are unsatisfied with our response to any issues you raise at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/