Slow cookers are not just for stews, in fact there’s very little you can’t make. As the weather is now getting colder. Did you know you could slow cook fudge? Or have you ever indulged in seven hour porridge? Get inspired by these simple and delicious recipes below
Remember, if you buy a slow cooker from us via this website we'll add an extra 1 year guarantee.
Slow Cooked Chocolate FudgeFudge is such a delicious and indulgent, but not too sinful treat….This Slow Cooker Chocolate fudge is so simple to make you'll wonder why you have never tried it before!
- 2-1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or maple syrup
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Method:Step1: Mix together the chocolate chips, coconut milk, coconut sugar, salt, and coconut oil.
Step 2: Throw into your Morphy Richards Slow Cooker and cook on low for two hours without stirring. It's important that lid remain on throughout.
Step 3: After 2 hours, turn the slow cooker off, uncover, and add vanilla. IMPORTANT: Do not stir the mixture at this point. Allow to cool to room temperature or to 110 degrees if you have access to a candy thermometer.
Step 4: Once cooled, using a large spoon, stir vigorously for 5 -10 minutes until the mixture develops a matte finish.
Step 5: Lightly oil an 8"x8" square pan. Pour fudge into pan, cover and refrigerate for four hours or until firm.
Slow Cooked Porridge
A delicious and healthy, no-fuss breakfast for the whole family.
- 1 cup jumbo oats
- 4 cups milk (or half milk, half water for a less creamy version), plus a splash more milk to serve
- Cinnamon, dried fruit, nuts, maple syrup, sliced bananas, or whatever topping you prefer
Step 1: Heat the slow cooker if necessary.
Step 2: Put the oats in the bowl along with a pinch of salt and pour over the milk, or a mixture of milk and water.
Step 3: Add the dried fruit, if you choose to use it.
Step 4: Put the slow cooker on its lowest setting and cook overnight for seven to eight hours.
Step 5: The porridge may have developed a crust overnight, but mix this in to break it up and add a splash of milk to serve, along with your desired topping.
Slow Cooked Chilli
Classic comfort food dish, but better.
- 900g beef mince
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 410g can Kidney beans, drained
- One beef stock cube
- ½ tsp hot chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- Dash of Worcester Sauce
- 100ml boiling water
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Basmati rice, to serve
Step 1: Tip the mince into the slow cooker stoneware and turn on to Low heat, crisp up the mince a little before adding other ingredients.
Step 2: Add the onion, garlic, soup, paprika, beans, stock cube, chilli powder and cumin, salt and pepper, then mix well.
Step 3: Add enough boiling water to come halfway up the mixture, to replace the moisture coming out of the beef and the onion. Place the lid on top and cook for four to five hours on Low, or two to three hours on High, or until the meat is tender.
Step 4: Once cooked, remove the lid and stir. Add a little more seasoning and serve straight from the pot with basmati rice and plain natural yoghurt.
Slow Cooked Whole Chicken
You will not believe how easy it is to make tasty rotisserie-like chicken in your Morphy Richards Slow Cooker .
- Whole chicken
- Salt and pepper
- Desired flavourings such as garlic, lemon, peppercorns or chilli
Step 1: Take three pieces of aluminium foil and form into small balls, and place them in the bottom of the slow cooker.
Slow Cooked Chicken and Mushroom Fettuccine
An easy-to-make Italian feast that even the most inexperienced of cooks can whip up.
- 700g chopped chicken
- 2 punnets of cremini mushrooms, cut into thirds
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1⁄4 tsp black pepper
- One clove of garlic, finely chopped
- Two packets of cream cheese, cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated Parmesan cheese, plus additional for garnish
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 1 package (1 pound) fettuccine
Method:Step 1: Spray inside of your Morphy Richards slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
Slow Cooked Spicy Bean Soup
A great dish to keep you fuller for longer.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 200g chopped onion
- 180g sliced carrots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 600ml chicken stock
- 2 tsp sugar
- 450g frozen sweetcorn
- 400g can of kidney beans, drained
- 400g can of black beans, drained
- 400g can of chopped tomatoes with basil
- 400g can of chopped tomatoes, drained
- 110g diced green chillies