Slow Cooked Butter Chicken Curry
- 60g Salted Butter
- Chicken (depends on the serving)
- 160g Onion (sliced) 160g
- 4 Cloves of Garlic (crushed)
- 15 Cardamom Pods (cracked open)
- 2 tsp of Cayenne Pepper
- 2 tsp of Curry Powder
- 400g Tin of Chopped Tomatoes
- 400g Tin of Coconut Milk
- 125ml of Water 125ml
- 4floz Salt Pinch and Pepper Pinch
- Place the cooking pot onto the base unit
- Peel and finely slice the onion using a sharp knife
- Place the cardamom into the pestle and bruise with the mortar ensuring all the pods are cracked opened. TIP: If you don’t have a pestle and mortar, use a can of soup, or similar and crack on a chopping board.
- Peel and crush the garlic cloves
- Place the chicken, onion, Cardamom, butter and garlic into the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle over the cayenne pepper and curry powder.
- Pour over the tinned tomatoes, coconut milk and water.
- Gently stir to combine ensure the chicken is immersed in the liquid. TIP: Do not use a metal spoon as it may scratch the pot.
- Place the lid on the cooking pot and using the control know cook on the desired setting for the minimum time. TIP: Slow cooking setting depending on your cooking time. Low cooks slowly and succulent (8 – 10 hours) Medium cooks on a medium heat (6-8 hours) and High faster (4-6 hours)
- Carefully remove the cardamom pods. TIP: Be aware the dish and food will be hot. When the cooking ends, turn the control knob off.
- Serve immediately. TIP: Season to taste. Serve with white fluffy rice TIP: if you would like a thicker sauce - Place the cooking pot back on the hob and bring the liquid to the boil. Boil until it has reduced by half.
Why not take a look at our 3.5L Digital Slow Cooker, perfect for cooking meals for up to four people.