Prepstar Healthy Banana Bread
Created by @HungryHealthyHappy
- A little butter for greasing the loaf tin
- 200g wholewheat flour
- 1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 10 walnuts, roughly chopped (you can use the chop function on the Prepstar for this too)
- 4 bananas, 3 mashed and 1 halved lengthways
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 5 tbsp fat free greek yoghurt
- 100ml skimmed milk
- 50g dark chocolate chips
- Using the beater attachment, add the flour, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda and pulse to gently mix.
- Add the mashed banana, maple syrup, eggs, greek yoghurt and skimmed milk and beat until mixed together well.
- Add the walnuts and chocolate chips and pulse until lightly mixed together
- Pour the batter in to a greased 2lb loaf tin and top with the banana halves.
- Put the loaf in to a preheated oven at 180C/350F Gas Mark 4 and bake for an hour. Leave to cool before removing from tin.
Prepstar is the ideal food processor when you're short of space in your kitchen. All the attachments are kept in the bowl so you never need to search for an attachment again.