Slow Cooked Butternut Squash Chili
The ideal vegetarian slow cooker recipe to keep you warm while watching the fireworks.
- 160g Onion, finely diced
- 180g Mushrooms, halved
- 500g Butternut squash, peeled, de seeded and cubed to 1 inch
- 3 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 2 inch Ginger, grated
- 1 Red chili, De seeded, sliced
- 400g Chickpeas, tinned, drained
- 60g Quinoa
- 400g Coconut milk, tinned
- 400ml / 14floz Water
- Handful Coriander, to garnish, chopped
Total recipe time: 265 minutes
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 250 minutes
- Place the cooking pot into the slow cooker
- Peel and dice the onion
- De seed and slice the chili
- Peel, de seed and dice the butternut squash to roughly 1inch sq. TIP: To save time you can buy ready prepared from the supermarket
- Peel and roughly grate the ginger
- Open and drain the chickpeas
- Place all of the ingredients into the cooking pot or sauce pan and stir to combine
- Put on the lid and using the control cook on High for 4 hours.
- When the cooking ends, turn the control knob off.
- Garnish with chopped coriander.
TIP: Season to taste and serve with basmati rice
Create warming meals for all the family in one of our Slow Cookers