Slow Cooker Hidden Vegetable Pasta Sauce
- 1 small aubergine, diced
- 2 peppers, diced
- 2 carrots, diced 1 courgette, diced
- 1 leek, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
- 6 tbsp balsamic vinegar 200ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp dried oregano A pinch of sea salt and black pepper
- 4 portions of cooked pasta Rocket (arugula) and shaved parmesan to serve (Optional)
- Put the chop attachment on the Preptar and twist lid shut. Feed each of the vegetables through the food shoot until they are all chopped. Put all of the ingredients, including the chopped vegetables (except the pasta, rocket and parmesan), in your slow cooker bowl and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours.
- Leave the sauce to cook and then pour it in to the Prepstar (with the chop attachment) in small batches and blend the sauce until smooth, or leave chunks if you prefer.
- Mix half the sauce in to the cooked pasta and serve with rocket and shaved parmesan. **Put the other half of the sauce in a freezable container and put in the freezer.*