Latest posts: Saute Maker
Are you looking for cheap, healthy meals that are easy to make, especially after a long day of lectures? If so, then the answer to your student hunger problems is the Morphy Richards Soup and Saute Maker, helping you to make fresh, homemade soup in as little as 21 minutes. Whether your preference is smooth or chunky, this soup maker has 4 settings: smooth, chunky, juice and blend - you name it and we’ll soup it! It also has a large capacity of 1.6 litres, so if you live in a house share you can simply cook the soup and split the cost for up to 4 people!
Ace the start of university with these cheap and cheerful, simple-to-make student recipes, allowing you to branch out beyond classic egg and soldiers! Start off with one of our student favourites, Aromatic Thai Chicken Soup, which packs all the distinctive flavours of a Thai dish into a delicious healthy bowl of soup. This one is full of the good stuff!
1 Tbsp. olive oil
3 garlic cloves, grated
2 cm chunk of fresh, root ginger, grated
80g red bell pepper, diced
200g chicken, shredded
3 Tbsp. soy sauce
3 Tbsp. oyster sauce
1 chicken stock
- Peel and finely chop the onion
- Peel and finely grate the ginger and garlic
- Dice the red pepper
- Shred the pre-cooked chicken
- Add oil into the Soup and Sauté maker. Press the ‘sauté’ button. Leave the oil to heat up for one minute. Leave the lid off when sautéing. TIP: The sauté button will turn from red to green when the jug begins to heat up
- Add the chopped onion, garlic, ginger and bell pepper to the jug and sauté for 2 minutes, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon / spatula
- Add the chicken, soy sauce and oyster sauce then sauté for 1 minutes, stirring continuously
- Turn off the sauté function by pressing the ‘Sauté’ button. TIP: The sauté button will turn red when it is turned off
- Add the chicken stock cube and chicken, season with salt and pepper. Then fill the jug with water up to the ‘MAX’ mark and stir
- Place the lid on the jug. TIP: A beep will be heard and the icons will flash in sequence when the lid is on securely
- Using the ‘Mode’ button, select the ‘Chunky’ setting
- The Soup Maker will beep to indicate when the soup is ready – now Soup Up, and enjoy!