Are you looking for cheap, healthy meals that are easy to make, especially after a long day of lectures? If so, then the answer to your student hunger problems is the Morphy Richards Soup and Saute Maker
, helping you to make fresh, homemade soup in as little as 21 minutes. Whether your preference is smooth or chunky, this soup maker has 4 settings: smooth, chunky, juice and blend - you name it and we’ll soup it! It also has a large capacity of 1.6 litres, so if you live in a house share you can simply cook the soup and split the cost for up to 4 people!
Ace the start of university with these cheap and cheerful, simple-to-make student recipes, allowing you to branch out beyond classic egg and soldiers! Start off with one of our student favourites, Aromatic Thai Chicken Soup, which packs all the distinctive flavours of a Thai dish into a delicious healthy bowl of soup. This one is full of the good stuff!
1 Tbsp. olive oil
3 garlic cloves, grated
2 cm chunk of fresh, root ginger, grated
80g red bell pepper, diced
200g chicken, shredded
3 Tbsp. soy sauce
3 Tbsp. oyster sauce
1 chicken stock
- Peel and finely chop the onion
- Peel and finely grate the ginger and garlic
- Dice the red pepper
- Shred the pre-cooked chicken
- Add oil into the Soup and Sauté maker. Press the ‘sauté’ button. Leave the oil to heat up for one minute. Leave the lid off when sautéing. TIP: The sauté button will turn from red to green when the jug begins to heat up
- Add the chopped onion, garlic, ginger and bell pepper to the jug and sauté for 2 minutes, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon / spatula
- Add the chicken, soy sauce and oyster sauce then sauté for 1 minutes, stirring continuously
- Turn off the sauté function by pressing the ‘Sauté’ button. TIP: The sauté button will turn red when it is turned off
- Add the chicken stock cube and chicken, season with salt and pepper. Then fill the jug with water up to the ‘MAX’ mark and stir
- Place the lid on the jug. TIP: A beep will be heard and the icons will flash in sequence when the lid is on securely
- Using the ‘Mode’ button, select the ‘Chunky’ setting
- The Soup Maker will beep to indicate when the soup is ready – now Soup Up, and enjoy!
Let us know if you’ll be giving our Thai Chicken soup recipe a try on the Morphy Richards Facebook Page or tag us in your soup creations using #SoupUp on Instagram.
Who’s excited for hearty, wholesome food this Autumn? If the answer is yes, then this competition is the one for you! The colder weather is all about wearing chunky knits and eating warming fuss-free food on a cosy sofa; so we’re giving you the chance to win our Total Control Soup Maker
, to fully prepare you for the soup season ahead. Whether it’s roasted Red Pepper
or classic Milanese
, this soup maker is the perfect way to cook up delicious, flavoursome soups, in your own kitchen.
This amazing prize includes the brand new Total Control Soup Maker
; the latest addition to the Total Control range. Featuring Smart Response Technology, this soup maker makes portion control effortless, allowing you to create enough soup for two, three or four servings; ideal for weekly lunch preparation on a Sunday evening.
This must-have appliance features a number of settings, so whether your preference is creamy and smooth, or chunky and thick, your soup will be tailored to your individual taste. For those of you who are always on the go, the soup maker has a keep-warm and re-heat option, which means soup can be easily prepared to suit busy schedules.
Featuring a handy easy-to-use touchscreen display, all you need to do is select the number of portions and desired consistency, then the Soup Maker will automatically start blending, doing the hard work for you!
Our fantastic Soup Maker is worth £109.99! For your chance to win this soup-erb prize, take part in the Facebook competition taking place until 21st October 2017. Head to the Morphy Richards Facebook page to enter – good luck!
You can find deliciously warming soup recipes on our Cook & Create app, available on the App Store, or from Google Play, and look out for more soup-spiration on the Morphy Richards Facebook Page.