Latest posts: Soupmaker
Are you looking for cheap, healthy meals that are easy to make, especially after a long day of lectures? If so, then the answer to your student hunger problems is the Morphy Richards Soup and Saute Maker
, helping you to make fresh, homemade soup in as little as 21 minutes. Whether your preference is smooth or chunky, this soup maker has 4 settings: smooth, chunky, juice and blend - you name it and we’ll soup it! It also has a large capacity of 1.6 litres, so if you live in a house share you can simply cook the soup and split the cost for up to 4 people!
Discover tasty soups on our Cook & Create app with a range of recipes from meaty classics to hearty favourites, available on the App Store or from Google Play, and look out for more soupspiration on the Morphy Richards Facebook Page.
Ace the start of university with these cheap and cheerful, simple-to-make student recipes, allowing you to branch out beyond classic egg and soldiers! Start off with one of our student favourites, Aromatic Thai Chicken Soup, which packs all the distinctive flavours of a Thai dish into a delicious healthy bowl of soup. This one is full of the good stuff!
1 Tbsp. olive oil
3 garlic cloves, grated
2 cm chunk of fresh, root ginger, grated
80g red bell pepper, diced
200g chicken, shredded
3 Tbsp. soy sauce
3 Tbsp. oyster sauce
1 chicken stock
- Peel and finely chop the onion
- Peel and finely grate the ginger and garlic
- Dice the red pepper
- Shred the pre-cooked chicken
- Add oil into the Soup and Sauté maker. Press the ‘sauté’ button. Leave the oil to heat up for one minute. Leave the lid off when sautéing. TIP: The sauté button will turn from red to green when the jug begins to heat up
- Add the chopped onion, garlic, ginger and bell pepper to the jug and sauté for 2 minutes, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon / spatula
- Add the chicken, soy sauce and oyster sauce then sauté for 1 minutes, stirring continuously
- Turn off the sauté function by pressing the ‘Sauté’ button. TIP: The sauté button will turn red when it is turned off
- Add the chicken stock cube and chicken, season with salt and pepper. Then fill the jug with water up to the ‘MAX’ mark and stir
- Place the lid on the jug. TIP: A beep will be heard and the icons will flash in sequence when the lid is on securely
- Using the ‘Mode’ button, select the ‘Chunky’ setting
- The Soup Maker will beep to indicate when the soup is ready – now Soup Up, and enjoy!
Let us know if you’ll be giving our Thai Chicken soup recipe a try on the Morphy Richards Facebook Page or tag us in your soup creations using #SoupUp on Instagram.
Who’s excited for hearty, wholesome food this Autumn? If the answer is yes, then this competition is the one for you! The colder weather is all about wearing chunky knits and eating warming fuss-free food on a cosy sofa; so we’re giving you the chance to win our Total Control Soup Maker
, to fully prepare you for the soup season ahead. Whether it’s roasted Red Pepper
or classic Milanese
, this soup maker is the perfect way to cook up delicious, flavoursome soups, in your own kitchen.
This amazing prize includes the brand new Total Control Soup Maker
; the latest addition to the Total Control range. Featuring Smart Response Technology, this soup maker makes portion control effortless, allowing you to create enough soup for two, three or four servings; ideal for weekly lunch preparation on a Sunday evening.
This must-have appliance features a number of settings, so whether your preference is creamy and smooth, or chunky and thick, your soup will be tailored to your individual taste. For those of you who are always on the go, the soup maker has a keep-warm and re-heat option, which means soup can be easily prepared to suit busy schedules.
Featuring a handy easy-to-use touchscreen display, all you need to do is select the number of portions and desired consistency, then the Soup Maker will automatically start blending, doing the hard work for you!
Our fantastic Soup Maker is worth £109.99! For your chance to win this soup-erb prize, take part in the Facebook competition taking place until 21st October 2017. Head to the Morphy Richards Facebook page to enter – good luck!
You can find deliciously warming soup recipes on our Cook & Create app, available on the App Store, or from Google Play, and look out for more soup-spiration on the Morphy Richards Facebook Page.
This autumn we’re bringing you bowls of inspiration with our Soup Up! Campaign - look out for tasty recipes for quick, easy and nutritious soups, perfect for a last minute health kick before Christmas or to simply warm up the colder autumn evenings. Our range of Morphy Richards soup makers are a must have kitchen gadget at this time of year. This must-have kitchen gadget allows you to quickly and simply make your favourite flavour of soup, served straight to the bowl, without the time-consuming process of standing over a hob.
With a range of recipes from vegetarian classics to hearty favourites, discover delicious soups on our Cook & Create app, available on the App Store, or from Google Play and look out for more soupspiration on the Morphy Richards Facebook Page.
First up, this recipe for Mexican Bean Soup is the ideal dish to get you in the autumnal spirit; a little bit spicy, comforting, and utterly delicious, this soup is easy to make and something quick and tasty to come home to after a day of braving the chilly autumn weather. This chunky, wholesome soup is the ideal meal solution for working lunches, or can be topped with a handful of nachos and a spoonful of guacamole for a warming meal during winter nights.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 160g finely chopped onion
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 80g finely chopped red pepper
- 150g diced sweet potato
- 400g canned kidney beans
- 400g tinned tomatoes
- 2 Tsp. ground cumin
- 2 Tsp. chilli powder
- 1 vegetable stock
- 900ml water
- Pinch salt
- Pinch pepper
- A swirl of double cream
1. Using the Total Control Soup Maker, add the oil into the jug, then press the ‘sauté’ button. Leave the oil to heat up for one minute
2. Add the chopped onion, garlic and pepper and sauté for 3 minutes, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon
3. Stir in the sweet potato and sauté for a further 2 minutes
4. Add the tinned kidney beans, chopped tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, vegetable stock and season with salt and pepper. Then add the water and give it a final stir
5. Place the lid on the jug
6. Using the ‘Mode’ button, select the ‘Chunky’ setting, and set the portion size to 4
7. The Soup Maker will beep to indicate when the soup is ready. Turn off at the power socket, unplug the power cable then carefully remove the lid and serve into bowls, finishing off with a swirl of double cream
Do you like the look of this recipe? Let us know if you’ll be giving it a try on the Morphy Richards Facebook Page or tag us in your soup creations using #SoupUp on Instagram
Let’s face it, when it comes to Christmas dinner us Brits do it in style, but as a nation we are on average scraping 4.2 million Christmas dinners straight into the bin.
With research showing that there’ll be enough leftover gravy this year to fill an Olympic size pool, we’ve come up with some fail-safe ways to help you save some pennies by turning your turkey trimmings into a tasty Boxing Day buffet.
Warming Boxing Day soup
After overindulging in one too many mince pies, why not treat the family to a comforting winter soup using all of the leftover vegetables?
All of these Christmassy soup recipes from BBC Good Food
are perfect for ensuring all of your extra Brussels sprouts, carrots, parsnips and potatoes go to good use. Alternatively, use leftover ham to make a tasty pea and ham soup - perfect for a light post-Christmas lunch.
The Morphy Richards Sauté and Soup maker
, allows you to tuck into this tasty meal without causing any fuss. You can put your feet up while your homemade soup is prepared in just 21 minutes. Simply sauté in the jug and then add your ingredients and stock.
The all-in-one turkey dinner method
We love this leftover turkey casserole recipe from BBC Good Food
, as it uses up all your roast dinner leftovers in one go and has a delicious honey mustard tang.
It also allows our Supreme Precision 3 in 1 Slow Cooker
to shine! Its three cooking functions means that you can seal and brown meat, fast stew and slow cook all in one product.
After searing, just set the digital display for anything from four to 10 hours for a delicious and nutritious slow cooked turkey casserole meal. But, if you can’t wait that long, then the fast stew function can prepare a meal in as little as an hour and a half.
Keep calm and make use of your leftovers!
So don’t panic that there is still mountains of leftovers filling the fridge – be creative and surprise your family with some turkey buffet delights.
We love a good Chinese meal out, and the old classic Chicken and Sweetcorn soup is possibly the tastiest way to kick things off. Ever thought of making it at home? We thought not.
Now you can take a taste of China home with you with little preparation, by trying out wonderfully simple recipe for our new soup maker.
Chinese Style Chicken and Sweetcorn Soup
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
• 320g sweetcorn, uncooked
• 1 red onion, finely chopped
• 250g cooked chicken, shredded
• 100g water chestnuts, thinly sliced
• 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
• 750ml chicken stock
• 2tsp corn flour mixed with 1
tsp of water to form a paste
• 4 spring onions, finely chopped
• 1 red chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
• 10g chopped coriander
• 200g hot cooked noodles
- Place the chicken stock into the Soup Maker along with the sweetcorn kernels, red onion, water chestnuts, ginger, shredded chicken and pour in the cornflour paste, mix the ingredients together with a spoon or spatula to evenly distribute
- Select the chunky setting and leave until ready
- Divide the hot cooked noodles between serving bowls scatter over the chilli, spring onions and coriander. Pour the soup over the noodles and serve
Since Ann at ‘Pig Pig’s Corner’ reviewed the Morphy Richards Soup Maker a couple of weeks ago, she has tried a couple of recipes using it. Check out her latest creation – a Chorizo and Lentil Soup, it’s certainly got our mouths watering here at Morphy HQ, why not give it a go and let us know what you think!
If you’ve got a delicious Soupmaker recipe that you’d like us to feature on Home of the House Proud, we’d love to hear from you, please submit it here!