Here at Morphy Richards, we’re looking forward to the weekend – the sun is shining and we get to eat a load of chocolate. However, we’re not forgetting the importance of Good Friday (and the weekend as a whole), the day when one is not supposed to eat red meat, but eat fish and other foods.
To help you prepare to mark Good Friday, we’re going to be bringing you a couple of fish-based recipes this week. The first of which is a delicious steamed recipe – Steamed Halibut with Lemon and Thyme Dressing (this recipe is taken from our bank of Intellisteam recipes).
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
4 x 125g (5oz) halibut fillets, skinned (or use Pacific cod)
15g (1 /2oz) butter
4x small thyme sprigs
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
750g (1lb 11oz) small new potatoes
2x leeks, thinly sliced
1x large carrot, sliced into fine strips
150g (6oz) fine green beans, trimmed and halved
50g (2oz) butter
Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
1x tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- Arrange fish fillets in the back container. Place a small knob of butter on top of each one and arrange thyme sprigs on top. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Position the divider wall in the front container. Put potatoes into one compartment. Mix vegetables together and put in the remaining compartment.
- For the sauce, put butter, lemon zest, lemon juice and thyme leaves into the rice tray and position above the fish
- Set time for the fish and sauce using the fish pre-set (20 mins). Set time for the potatoes using the root vegetables pre-set (35 mins). Set time for the vegetables using the leaf and pod vegetables pre-set (15 mins)
- If you prefer crunchier vegetables, adjust the pre-set time
- Fish can be wrapped and cooked in cooking foil to retain juices and prevent surface protein
As we’re nice people here at ‘Home of the House Proud’, we’re giving you the chance to pick up the Morphy Richards Intellisteam for £64.99, reduced from £99.99 (this also includes free delivery).
And what’s more, we’ve also got one of the machines to giveaway to one of our lucky readers. To be in with a chance of winning the Intellisteam, simply answer the question below in the comments box*:
How many days does lent last for?
Good luck and we hope everybody has a very enjoyable Easter weekend!
* The competition will close at 12pm on Tuesday 26th April 2011. A winner will be selected at random from all correct entries received.