Posts by Vicki Grant
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 1 tsp chipotle chilli flakes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 stalks fresh coriander
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 500ml chicken stock
- 1 small can sweetcorn, drained
- 1/4 an avocado per person, to serve
- 15g crumbled feta per person, to serve
- 1 herb wrap (eg weight watchers, bfree) to serve
- Add the chicken, chipotle, garlic, onion, cumin, paprika, tomatoes and stock to the soup maker and cook on the chunky setting.
- While the soup is cooking, slice your wrap into triangles and grill lightly with salt and pepper.
- When the soup is a few minutes away from being cooked, add your sweetcorn and mixed beans to the soup maker and cook until the timer is finished.
- Serve with chopped avocado, crumbled feta and coriander with your tortilla dippers on the side.
Take a look at our wide range of soup makers.
The ideal vegetarian slow cooker recipe to keep you warm while watching the fireworks.
- 160g Onion, finely diced
- 180g Mushrooms, halved
- 500g Butternut squash, peeled, de seeded and cubed to 1 inch
- 3 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 2 inch Ginger, grated
- 1 Red chili, De seeded, sliced
- 400g Chickpeas, tinned, drained
- 60g Quinoa
- 400g Coconut milk, tinned
- 400ml / 14floz Water
- Handful Coriander, to garnish, chopped
Total recipe time: 265 minutes
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 250 minutes
- Place the cooking pot into the slow cooker
- Peel and dice the onion
- De seed and slice the chili
- Peel, de seed and dice the butternut squash to roughly 1inch sq. TIP: To save time you can buy ready prepared from the supermarket
- Peel and roughly grate the ginger
- Open and drain the chickpeas
- Place all of the ingredients into the cooking pot or sauce pan and stir to combine
- Put on the lid and using the control cook on High for 4 hours.
- When the cooking ends, turn the control knob off.
- Garnish with chopped coriander.
TIP: Season to taste and serve with basmati rice
Create warming meals for all the family in one of our Slow Cookers
Thank you to @fiona_slimmingworld_diaries for this great healthy seasonal soup recipe.
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 carrots finely chopped
- 1 medium pumpkin chopped
- 2 tsp mild curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- Pinch of grated nutmeg
- 700ml vegetable stock
- Add all ingredients to the soup maker and choose smooth. Add fresh coriander to serve.
Create delicious soups in as little as 21 minutes with our great range of Soup Makers
Created by @HungryHealthyHappy
- 2 carrots
- Half a head of red cabbage
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- A thumb sized piece of ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 apple
- Juice of 1 lime
- A handful of fresh mint and coriander
- 2 tbsp reduced salt soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 2 tbsp cashews, finely chopped
- Add the largest grater attachment to your Prepstar and close the lid. Feed the carrots, cabbage and apple through the food shoot and use the food pusher to make sure they all go through.
- In a large bowl, mix together the garlic, ginger, lime juice, soy sauce, sesame oil and honey. Tip the grated vegetables in to the dressing and mix well.
- Pour the dressed vegetables in to a bowl and top with the sesame seeds, chopped chilli and cashew nuts.
Prepstar is the ideal food processor when you're short of space in your kitchen. All the attachments are kept in the bowl so you never need to search for an attachment again.