Summer desserts 101
The Morphy Richards Folding Stand Mixer is the key to your sweet success this summer; it can create mouth-watering meringues, gooey chocolate brownies, crunchy cookies and whipped cream so light you would think it were made of clouds. If you fancy something a little lighter, how about a fruit salad with a twist?
A delicious treat for anyone who has a bit if a sweet tooth (yes, we mean you) and so versatile it can be added to a range of different desserts.
- 3 large egg whites*
- 120g caster sugar *
- Minimum of 3 egg whites and use 40g of caster sugar per egg white
1. Pre heat the oven to 150ºC / Gas Mark 2.
2. Place the egg whites in the Mixing Bowl of your Morphy Richards Folding Stand Mixer and insert the Whisk Attachments.
3. Whisk on maximum speed until at the soft peak stage. This takes about 3 minutes. During mixing hold the Mixing Bowl steady and turn clockwise and anticlockwise to allow the ingredients to mix thoroughly. It may be necessary to stop the unit and scrape the sides of the bowl a few times to make sure all the ingredients are incorporated.
4. Gradually beat in the sugar, over a period of 3 minutes, 1tsp at a time, until stiff.
5. Shape dollops of the mixture onto baking sheets lined with non-stick baking paper and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
6. Lower the temperature to 110oC / Gas Mark ¼ and cook for a further 2-3 hours until crisp and dry.
One of the most traditional English desserts, originally served at cricket games, but now enjoyed…well, pretty much everywhere!
Meringues (either homemade using your Folding Stand Mixer, or bought from any large supermarket)
300ml whipping cream
A punnet of strawberries
1. Crumble the meringues into a bowl.
2. Whip the cream in your Morphy Richards Folding Stand Mixer on speed 4-5 until desired thickness is achieved. (Guide time: 3-4 minutes). During mixing hold the Mixing Bowl steady and turn clockwise and anticlockwise to allow the ingredients to mix thoroughly. It may be necessary to stop the mixer and scrape the sides of the bowl a few times to make sure all the ingredients are incorporated.
3. Add the cream and strawberries to the crumbled meringue and mix together.
The humble fruit salad is often overlooked, but adds flavour and zing to any occasion. To surprise your guests why not add sweet basil, black peppercorns, chilli or earthy sesame oil?
- One galia melon
- A punnet of blueberries
- 3 nectarines
- A punnet of strawberries
- 1 banana
1. Chop up all of the fruit and combine in a bowl. Delicious on its own or served with cream or ice cream.