- Spares & Accessories
- Special Offers & Discounts
- Instruction Booklets
- Redefine by Morphy Richards
- Cooking and Baking
- Floor Care
Here at ‘Home of the House Proud’, we’ve been contacted by Anna Aird from Caterbury in Kent. Anna’s got a delicious slow cooker recipe that she’d like to share with visitors to the blog. What’s more, the recipe costs less than £4 making it ideal for our ‘£4 Slow Cooker Challenge’. Check out the recipe below – a scrumptious Spicy Sausage Stew!
We all love this recipe in our family (probably something to do with our passion for spicy food!). We sometimes vary the vegetables, but courgettes are one of my favourites, so that’s what I have used this time!
8x Butchers’ Choice Pork Sausages (Tesco) £0.98
3x Kent Jacket Potatoes (Pack of 4) £0.79
1x Market Value Onion (Tesco) £0.27
2 xCourgettes (loose from Tesco) £1.13
1 or 2 tsps chilli powder (according to taste)
½ pint vegetable stock
Total cost of recipe = £3.17
- Peel and slice the potatoes and place in the bottom of the slow cooker
- Chop each sausage into 3 pieces and mix with the chilli powder
- Chop the courgettes and onion
- Put courgettes, onion and sausages on top of the potatoes and add the vegetable stock
- Cook on high for 5 hours
If you regularly use a slow cooker or think slow cooking sounds right up your street, we’ve got a tasty treat for you with our ‘£4 Slow Cooker Challenge’. You could win £200 worth of Morphy Richards items in our monthly draw. To find out more information about the challenge, click here.