Our favourite grilled food recipes
The 10th of January is the day that most of us apparently give up our healthy New Year’s Resolutions. If you’re bucking the trend and still going strong, then it may be of interest to you that grilling food is a great way to reduce your fat intake. In light of this, we’ve pulled together some healthy recipes for inspiration on how to bet utilise your Intelligrill.
Salmon fillets & Asparagus
• Salmon fillets
• Low fat oil
• Freshly ground black pepper
• Lemon wedges
1. Turn on the Intelligrill and set to a high temperature; 218c is a good benchmark. Make sure to place the temperature probe in the salmon fillet to allow for constant monitoring.
2. Meanwhile, prepare salmon fillet. Rinse and pat dry and remove any bones (you can pull these out with tweezers if you’re really struggling). Very lightly brush the skin with low-fat oil, and then sprinkle the flesh side of the fillet with salt and pepper.
3. Place the salmon fillet inside the Intelligrill with the skin-side-down and then cover.
4. Cut the tips off the asparagus and place and boil for 5 minutes.
5. Cook the fillet until the salmon starts to release its fat and/or the flesh begins to flake easily. This normally occurs after 10 to 12 minutes for most 1-inch-thick fillets. Allow another 10 minutes for each extra inch of thickness.
6. Use a spatula to carefully remove the salmon fillet from the Intelligrill and serve with asparagus and drizzling of lemon juice.
Lemon chicken & cous cous
• 4 chicken breasts
• 80g couscous
• 100ml hot vegetable stock
• Low fat olive oil
• 1 tbsp lemon juice
• 1 tbsp toasted pine nuts
• Chopped parsley
• Green beans
• Lemon wedges
1. Bash the chicken breasts flat between sheets of cling film. Lightly brush the chicken with oil and place in the Intelligrill for 4 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
2. In a bowl, mix the couscous with the vegetable stock. Ensure that you cover and leave for 5 minutes. Stir in the olive oil and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
3. Stir in the lemon juice and toasted pine nuts, some chopped parsley and season.
4. Serve with green beans and the chicken, sliced into 3. Squeeze the lemon wedges over to finish.
Chicken and prawn skewers on Greek salad
• 1 large skinless chicken breast, cut into pieces
• 8 large, raw peeled prawns
• 3 tbsp low-fat olive oil
• 1 lemon
• 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
• 300g fresh (or frozen and thawed) broad beans
• Handful of fresh mint leaves, chopped
• 100g feta, crumbled
1. Place the chopped up chicken fillets in a bowl and toss with the prawns, 1 tablespoon olive oil, the zest and juice of 1/2 lemon and the dried oregano. Season and set aside for roughly 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, cook the broad beans in lightly salted water for 4 minutes. Once done, then drain and place in cold water, drain again and slip out of their skins. Put these into a bowl and toss with the mint, feta and a couple of tablespoons of olive oil. Season with freshly ground black pepper and set aside.
3. Place in the Intelligrill and cook on for 3 minutes on each side, until relatively charred and cooked through. Thread the chicken and prawns onto 4 skewers, and then divide between plates, along with the bean salad. Cut the lemon into wedges, and sprinkle the juice over all the skewers.
The Morphy Richards Intelligrill is an easy-to-use griller that is designed to complement any kitchen. If you want to see the product in action, click here to watch a video of our design and innovation manager Glynn taking you through the product. To buy the product, please visit our website.