How do you drink yours?
There are many, many different ways of drinking coffee, but three of the most popular varieties have got to be the Espresso, Cappuccino and Latte. Below is a description of how to make a perfect version of each of these drinks using our brand new, super stylish Mattino Espresso machine – the descriptions below are also brought to life by Jon and Ross from Leeds-based juice bar, Out of the Woods.
Espresso contains no milk, but is the base to many other different coffee drinks. A delicious Espresso requires good quality, fresh beans for its intense taste. It uses 25- 30ml of rich coffee and it should appear to have a consistent hazelnut crema.
TIP: Keep the coffee in an air tight container in the fridge – this helps to keep it fresh and maintain its flavour m
To create the perfect Latte, your milk has to be just right. First of all, make an Espresso as this will act as the base for your coffee.
- Pour fresh, cold milk into a jug (between one-third to half full)
- Position the steam wand tip under the surface of the milk and turn on the steam to full power
- Lower the steam wand deeper into the jug (ensuring that it doesn’t touch the bottom) and then tilt the jug to a 40° angle
- Turn off the steam when the milk gets too hot to touch through the jug
- Tap the jug base on a work surface to burst any large surface bubbles
- Gently swirl the jug and pour the milk into the Espresso lifting the milk jug slightly and allowing a little foam to fall into the cup. Then continue to pour the warm milk into the Espresso
If you’re still looking for that perfect Christmas gift for a loved one and think that the Mattino Espresso would fit the bill perfectly, we’re delighted to offer ‘Home of the House Proud’ visitors with an exclusive saving of 33%, simply quote the following code at the checkout stage on the Morphy Richards website: HTHP2033