- Spares & Accessories
- Special Offers & Discounts
- Instruction Booklets
- Redefine by Morphy Richards
- Cooking and Baking
- Floor Care
This month we’ve asked our Innovators to call on their mums, dads, grandparents and friends to test out products from our new Age UK range. Here, Michelle from Mummy from the Heart tells us what her mum thought of the Morphy Richards Flavour Savour slow cooker. Click here to see the original post.
Morphy Richards made my Mum a very happy lady just before Christmas as they sent her a 4.5 litre Flavour Savour digital slow cooker to try out and report back on. Mum is not much of a writer so she has asked me to write up her thoughts and I was also lucky enough to get a go with the slow cooker and to try a couple of meals cooked in it.
For ages both my Mum and I have wanted a slow cooker, so this was the perfect opportunity for us to try out a few recipes. The Flavour Savour is a really nice model as it has 3 functions: quick brown to seal your meat, fast stew to cook for between 1 hour 30 mins and 1 hour 45 mins and traditional slow cooking for between 4 hours and 11 hours.
Firstly Mum used the fast stew function to make a spicy sausage casserole. Firstly she used the brown function to brown off the sausages and drained off any excess fat. Then all the other food got put into the same pot and the fluid put into the cooker as well and it was then left to cook for 1 hour 45 minutes. Once cooking finishes the cooker automatically goes into keep warm mode and holds the food at a constant temperature for up to 2 hours.
Sadly she forgot to take a photo of the finished meal but it was very good I am told!Plus Points for the Flavour Savour Slow Cooker
- Large steel cooking pan which is lightweight and easy to carry due to the handles. It can also be used on a gas or electric cooker hob.
- Stay cool handles on the pan and lid. The lid is also glass so you can see how your meal is cooking.
- Simple digital display settings.
- Cord storage in the base for smart storage. You can also store the base in the cooking pan if you wish.
- It has stylish exterior and does not look out of place left out on the work surface.
- Versatile that it can be used for fast or slow cooking.
- Excellent browning function for meat and onions, keeping down mess and minimising the pans used.
- Dish and lid are dishwashable and came clean very easily.
- Easy to understand and follow instructionsI asked Mum the question we all want to know, what could be better or where was the flavour savour slow cooker not up to scratch and I have to be honest she could not fault it and could give me no reason why it was not an excellent buy. The only comment she had was to shop around and find a good price as that would make it even better!Then when I was down at Mum and Dads just after Christmas we tried out the slow cooker function and had a beef and tomato casserole A few more pictures for you:Yet again we forgot to take a photo when the stew was finished and we had to take a photo of the last dregs once we had all eaten. Do you get the feeling that we all like our food?I have to say that the flavour savour makes a superb meal and with the very minimum of fuss. I was really pleased, as was Mum who give it a 5/5.
The 4.5 litre Flavour savour retails for £89.99 and the larger 6.5 litre model is £99.99. I have to say that the 4.5 litre easily made enough food for 6 adults to eat a good portion. You can check out the full specification on the Morphy Richards website or head over to their blog Home of the Houseproud for some super recipe ideas and great deals.
Morphy Richards have teamed up with Age UK to put together a portfolio of products that are suited to the older generation. Making it easier for them to perform everyday functions that younger people take for granted. Whilst my Mum is officially an OAP she is in fact a very fit and active woman. However I am pretty sure that if my Nan, at 84 tried to use the flavour savour she might find the pan too large and too heavy for just her living alone. The super thing about this range is that Morphy Richards are making a donation to Age UK for every item sold. I can heartily recommend the Accents One Cup water boiler that I trialed a few months back and then gave to my Nan. I saw her just after Christmas and she told me it was a godsend at 4am when she can not sleep and wants a quick cuppa!
Many thanks to Janelle, who has been a superb contact over the last year whilst I have been aMorphy Richards House Proud Innovator. I am enjoying working with such a great brand.
Disclosure: This is a review post.