This week we’re bringing an Asian flavour to Home of the Houseproud
‘s recipe section. Recreate that Chinese restaurant experience with Hoisin Duck and Egg Noodles, rich, tasty and all the healthier for being steamed rather than fried. Have a go with your Intellisteam
or any other steamer. If you enjoy healthy Asian food, then you might want to try out the following recipes too (click here
Hoisin Duck with Egg Noodles
4 skinless duck breasts, thinly sliced
4 tbsp hoisin sauce
180g (3 sheets) medium egg noodles
350g pack fresh stir-fry vegetables
2 heads pak choi, broken into separate leaves
1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
Pinch of Chinese 5-spice powder
1 tsp sesame seeds
4 spring onions, thinly sliced, to garnish
- Toss sliced duck breasts in hoisin sauce. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Tip duck breasts and any marinade into back container. Position rice tray above duck and add noodles and 250 ml (9 fl oz) cold water
- Remove divider wall from front container. In a large bowl toss the stir-fry vegetables, pak choi, toasted sesame oil and Chinese 5-spice powder together and tip into front container.
- Set time for duck and noodles using the chicken pre-set (27 mins). Set time for vegetables (using front dual heater button) using the leaf and pod vegetable pre-set (15 mins).
- Serve sprinkled with sesame seeds and garnish with spring onions.
- Stir noodles before serving.