It’s the time of year where everyone’s on a ‘get healthy’ mission after weeks of indulgence over the festive period. Want to keep to your healthy new lifestyle? Of course you do! The key to sticking to a healthier diet is making sure that you don’t get bored of what you’re eating. Why not spruce up your wellness regime with these easy to make guilt free snacks?
To help you keep motivated, we’re giving you 10%*
off the Total Control Hand Blender Work Centre
, the Sauté and Soup Maker
and the Easy Blend Deluxe
. Simply add the code BLOG10
to the voucher box for the discount to be applied. Hurry! Offer ends 31st
Swap the unhealthy dips and spreads for deliciously nutritious hummus. Super quick and easy to make, hummus always tastes better when it’s homemade. So break out the Total Control Hand Blender Work Centre and let’s get cracking!
- 400g chickpeas
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 lemons
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ¼ tsp ground cumin
- 75ml Tahini paste
- Pinch of a salt
- Pinch of fresh coriander
- Cayenne pepper (to serve)
Quick and easy falafel
- Peel the clove of garlic and chop in half
- Cut the lemons in half. Using a juicer, squeeze all the juices out of the lemon. For a more zesty flavour, try adding the juice of another lemon
- Fit the chopping blade into the bowl of the Total Control Hand Blender Work Centre
- Place all of the ingredients (except the liquid from the tin of chickpeas) into the bowl. Make sure you keep the chickpea liquid aside for later
- Attach the lid to the bowl and then fasten the main unit to the lid
- On speed 7, blend in short bursts. Stop every so often and scrape the sides of the bowl with a plastic spatula
- In a separate bowl, mix together the juice from the final lemon with the chickpea juice
- Add small amounts of this juice at a time to suit personal taste
- Once all mixed together, season to your taste before serving in a bowl. Top tip: why not add some fresh coriander and a sprinkle of cayenne pepper for decoration?
Spice up your snack time regime with this Middle Eastern classic. Grab the Total Control Hand Blender Work Centre
for a fast, low-carb, snack.
- 400g chickpeas
- 1 red onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 30g fresh parsley
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp harissa paste
- 1 ½ tbsp plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1-2 tbsp sunflower oil
Delicious raspberry smoothie
- Drain and rinse the canned chickpeas before patting them dry with kitchen paper
- Peel and dice the red onion
- Peel the clove of garlic and cut in half
- Remove the stalks from the fresh parsley
- Fit the chopping blade into the bowl
- Add the chickpeas, onion, garlic, parsley, cumin, harissa page, flour and salt into the bowl
- Fit the lid and the main unit to the bowl
- Blend the ingredients using the Precision Control Trigger on speed 7, blending in short bursts for around 40 seconds until fairly smooth
- Shape the blended mixture into four patties
- Place the patties onto a plate, cover with cling film and refrigerate until needed
- Once ready to use , heat the sunflower oil in a non-stick frying pan
- When the sunflower oil is hot, carefully add the patties and gently fry for around three minutes on each side until golden
Enjoying one of your five a day has never been easier. This deliciously healthy smoothie will soon be one of your snack time favourites; it’s already one of ours! Ready in just four simple steps, this is just one of the many recipes that you can create in your Sauté and Soup Maker
- 300g raspberries
- 900ml low fat raspberry yoghurt
- 300ml semi skimmed milk
- Place all of the ingredients into the jug and stir thoroughly
- Place the lid on the jug
- Using the ‘mode’ button, select the ‘juice’ setting and wait for two minutes until the Sauté and Soup Maker has finished
- The Sauté and Soup Maker will beep to indicate when the smoothie is ready. Pour into a cold glass and enjoy. Chill the remainder for the rest or the week or pop in the freezer for a longer storage life.
For more quick and easy snack recipes, why not download our new Cook ‘n Create app? You can download it from iTunes
or Google Play
*Voucher Terms and Conditions
- The BLOG10 voucher is only available by using the voucher against online transactions for the products featured on this page on www.morphyrichards.co.uk, including standard UK delivery.
- The voucher do not include 24 hour delivery
- The voucher cannot be used in conjunction with any other voucher offered on www.morphyrichards.co.uk
- Vouchers cannot be exchanged for the monetary equivalent.
- Using the voucher does not affect your statutory rights.
- Discounts cannot be applied retrospectively (i.e. after buying).
- This voucher expires on 31st January 2016
- All offers are subject to product availability.
- The voucher cannot be re-published or shared on any other website.
- The voucher are offered by Morphy Richards Limited: Mexborough, South Yorkshire, S64 8AJ