- Spares & Accessories
- Special Offers & Discounts
- Instruction Booklets
- Redefine by Morphy Richards
- Cooking and Baking
- Floor Care
Keep an eye on our blog and Facebook page for recipes, how-tos and tips and you’ll be summer-ready in no time!
Cauliflower rice is a really simple and tasty alternative to rice, which you can enjoy with all of your favourite meals.
Cauliflower is high in fibre and low in calories – 100g contains only 26 calories and 5% of your daily dietary fibre. It’s an excellent source of vitamin C and minerals such as iron, calcium and potassium, all of which help with your general health and immune system.
To make a batch of cauliflower rice all you need is a cauliflower, a colander, a blender such as the Morphy Richards Accents Hand Blender Set with Serrator Blade a splash of rapeseed oil and a frying pan; it’s a doddle.
1. Start with one large cauliflower. Depending on the size, this should make two sizeable portions.
2. Remove all of the outer leaves and cut out the hard centre. Break it down into small florets, which will fit into your blender easily.
3. Thoroughly wash each of the florets and leave to drain in your colander. Pat dry with a sheet of kitchen towel.
4. Transfer all of the florets into the large jug of your Morphy Richards Hand Blender Set with Serrator Blade and pulse for about 30 seconds until all of the cauliflower is finely chopped.
5. Pop the chopped cauliflower into a frying pan with a small amount of rapeseed oil (a healthier alternative to olive oil, due to the reduced amount of saturated fat) and cook over a medium heat for approximately two minutes, until heated through.
6. Serve immediately with your choice of fish, meat or vegetables.
You can add different herbs and spices to the rice to give added flavour. Why not try coriander and lemon juice or black pepper and cayenne?