Soup maker recipe: Butternut Squash, Chilli and Coconut Soup
There’s nothing better than homemade soup to warm the soul on a cold, wet day but unless you’re a seasoned soup cook, it can be difficult to get the taste and consistency right. We developed our new soup maker to take away this pain and uncertainty, yet still give you the flexibility to make delicious smooth or chunky soup to suit your taste.
Butternut Squash, Chilli and Coconut Soup
Prep time 15 mins
Cooking time: 30 minutes
• 600g butternut squash, de-seeded, peeled and cut into small cubes
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tsp ground cumin
• 1 tsp fresh ginger
• 1 large red chilli, finely chopped, (remove the seeds for a milder taste)
• 3 garlic cloves, sliced
• 500ml vegetable stock, made from cube
• 200ml coconut milk
• Juice of 1 lime
• 10g fresh coriander
- In a large frying pan heat the olive oil and fry the butternut squash for 2-3 minutes, stirring every so often.
- Add the ground cumin, chilli, garlic and onion; continue to cook for a further 5 minutes until the ingredients start to soften.
- Transfer to the Soup Maker and add the remaining ingredients, mix ingredients together with a spoon or spatula to evenly distribute.
- Place the lid on the jug and select the chunky setting.
- Once ready season to taste and serve. If you would like a smooth soup simply press the blend button until you have your desired consistency