- Spares & Accessories
- Special Offers & Discounts
- Instruction Booklets
- Redefine by Morphy Richards
- Cooking and Baking
- Floor Care
Jonathan Ross, Gok Wan, Abbey Clancy and Zoella were last night’s Great Comic Relief Bake Off challengers. Their task? To win over Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood with cupcakes, profiteroles and a marble cake inspired by their favourite building.
@Wossy ‘ s profiteroles may well have resembled cookies in their stature and @Zozeebo ‘s beach hut marble cake looked rather like a building featured on TV Show Cowboy Builders, but we can’t help but admire the effort the celebs put in all round.
Feeling inspired for your own baking bonanza? Try one of our recipes below and don’t forget to share your masterpieces on Facebook and Twitter.
What’s more, if you’re looking to kit out your kitchen with the perfect baking products, you can pick up our Red Accents Plastic Stand Mixer for half price by using the code BL0350 and our Red Accents Hand Blender Set with Serrator Blade at a 25% with the code BL1025* – happy baking!
Buttercream Vanilla Cupcakes
Get your bake on with these delicious cupcakes for all the family.
● 160g plain flour
● ½ tsp baking powder
● ¼ tsp baking soda
● ¼ tsp salt
● 2 large eggs
● 200g granulated sugar
● 113g unsalted butter, softened
● 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
● 115g sour cream
Vanilla Buttercream Frosting:
● 226g unsalted butter, softened
● 320g icing sugar
● 1 tbsp vanilla extract
● 1 tbsp heavy whipping cream
● Hundreds and thousands to decorate
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Line muffin tin with 12 cupcake cases.
2. In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Put to one side.
3. Using the Red Accents Plastic Stand Mixer, beat eggs and sugar on a medium setting for two minutes, or until light and creamy.
4. Add the butter and vanilla extract; mix on a low speed for one minute, or until well blended.
5. Add in the dry ingredients and mix on a low speed until fully blended, be careful not to over blend.
6. Add the sour cream and mix until smooth.
7. Using a teaspoon, fill the cupcake cases until about ¾ full with batter. Bake in the oven for 18 minutes, or until fully cooked. *Tip: using a knife, insert into the cupcake and if it comes out clean your cupcake is cooked.
Making the frosting:
1. Using your Red Accents Plastic Stand Mixer mix the softened butter on a medium speed until soft and creamy.
2. Increase the speed to high and mix for three minutes.
3. Allow cupcakes to cool before frosting with either a piping bag or knife.
4. To finish, decorate with sprinkles.
Decadent Chocolate Marble Cake
This easy to make tea time classic is the perfect mid-week treat.
● 225g butter, softened
● 225g caster sugar
● 4 eggs
● 225g self-raising flour
● 3 tbsp milk
● 1 tsp vanilla extract
● 2 tbsp cocoa powder
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and grease a 20cm cake tin.
2. Add all ingredients (apart from the cocoa powder) to your Morphy Richards Hand Blender with Serrator Blade and blend for 1-2 minutes, or until smooth.
3. Separate mixture into two bowls and stir the cocoa powder into the mixture in one of the bowls.
4. Using two spoons, add lumps of mixture to the cake tin alternatively.
5. Once all of the mixture has been added to the tin, bang the tin on the counter to ensure there aren’t any bubbles.
6. Using a knife, swirl around the mixture to create the marble effect.
7. Bake the cake for 50 minutes, or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
8. Allow the cake to cool on a cooling rack before eating.
*Terms and conditions.
1. The offers are only available by using the codes against online transactions on www.morphyrichards.co.uk and do not include delivery.
2. The code cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
3. Using the code does not affect your statutory rights.
4. Discounts cannot be applied retrospectively (i.e. after buying).
5. The code expires on 17th March 2015 however Morphy Richards reserve the right to suspend or restrict the code at any time.
6. Offer is subject to product availability
7. This code cannot be re-published or shared on any other website.
8. The voucher is offered by Morphy Richards Limited: Mexborough, South Yorkshire, S64 8AJ