Make your Bonfire Night a fiery success with these three quick wins
Bonfire Night is one of our favourite nights of the year; it's the perfect excuse to invite friends and family over for a get together to watch ‘sparks fly’ and cosy up by the fire.
However, the best bit of the night is the array of treats that go hand in hand with the occasion. From hot dogs to toffee apples and parkin, the foody traditions of 5th of November are some of the best of the year.Once again, the Morphy Richards Baking Surgery is here to help! If you're hosting a Bonfire Night party or just looking for some seasonal inspiration to add to your baking repertoire, these three recipe ideas will help your cooking skills skyrocket! Featuring tips from My Virgin Kitchen’s Barry Lewis, we’ve got plenty of ideas to inspire you from quick and easy snacks to tasty Bonfire treats. #TogetherWellMakeIt
Tomato soup – the perfect winter warmer
This hearty soup with a modern twist will leave you feeling warm and fuzzy inside – perfect for watching fireworks out in the cold.
Simply download the Cook and Create app from either the App Store or from Google Play and search for Italian Tomato Soup. Then follow four simple steps to deliciously tasty tomato soup using the Morphy Richards Sauté and Soup Maker. For a more fiery taste, why not add a pinch of cayenne or some chilli flakes?
The Sauté and Soup Maker just received a review of 5/5 from the Daily Mail (yes, we like to brag) and for a limited time only you can get an extra 10% off with the voucher code TOTAL10. Perfect for kicking off your Christmas shopping!
Firework marshmallow pops
This week’s Baking Surgery winner, Lauren Woodall was looking for a quick and easy fix for her sugar craving and it didn’t quite go to plan. Morphy Richards have come to the rescue with the perfect sweet treat solution from our brand ambassador, Barry Lewis of My Virgin Kitchen, to make sure preparing for your Bonfire Night as easy as possible!
These firework marshmallow pops will go down a treat with kids…and the big kids (we’re looking at you parents!). Follow these quick and easy steps for a real taste explosion.Ingredients:
- 1 bag of marshmallows
- Approx. 200g of milk chocolate/ baking chocolate
- Sprinkles / hundreds & thousands
- 1 packet of popping candy/ pop rocks
- Bamboo skewers
- Break up the chocolate into small chunks, melt in a bowl over simmering water until smooth. Top tip: if you have impatient kids that want to eat their creation straight away, use good quality baking chocolate as it sets quicker than regular milk chocolate.
- While you’re waiting for your chocolate to melt, push the skewers into the marshmallows (we’d suggest one marshmallow per skewer) and mix your sprinkles and popping candy in a bowl.
- Once your chocolate is completely melted dunk your marshmallow skewers so that they’re completely coated in chocolate.
- Roll the chocolate marshmallows in the sprinkles mixture to coat and then return to the baking tray.
- Place them in the fridge for about 15 minutes so that your chocolate can set, then tuck right in and enjoy!
Yet another bonfire night classic with a twist…baked potato hot dogs
What keeps you warm on a cold winter’s night when you’re stood around a bonfire…? Hot dogs of course!
This year, why not change it up and swap the bread buns for baked potatoes? This great recipe from Barry Lewis, really will blow your mind! It’s so easy to make and will go down a treat with the family. Get the full recipe by watching the video here.