Latest posts: Kitchen
Last night saw Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood back in the tents with four hopeful celebrities hoping to take the Comic Relief baking crown. Jennifer Saunders, Joanna Lumley, Lulu and Dame Edna rose to the occasion making a giant cookie, mini fruit tarts and a showstopper chocolate cake to varying degrees of success. If you’re feeling inspired today, try one of the recipes below and get involved for Comic Relief. Don’t forget to share your creations with on Twitter and Facebook.
Triple Layer Chocolate Cake
This decadent show-stopping chocolate cake is perfect for special occasions or a naughty weekend treat.
● 1 and 3/4 cups (220g) all-purpose flour
● 1 and 3/4 cup (350g) granulated sugar
● 3/4 cup (65g) unsweetened cocoa powder
● 1 teaspoon baking powder
● 2 teaspoons baking soda
● 1 teaspoon salt
● 1 cup (240ml) buttermilk
● 1/2 cup (120ml) vegetable oil (or canola oil, or melted coconut oil)
● 2 large eggs, at room temperature
● 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
● 1 cup (240ml) freshly brewed strong hot coffee
● 1.25 cups (2.5 sticks or 290g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
● 3-4 cups (360-480g) confectioners' sugar
● 3/4 cup (65g) unsweetened cocoa powder
● 3-5 Tablespoons (45-75ml) heavy cream
● 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
● 1/2 - 3/4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
● 15 oz (1.5 bags) chocolate chips, optional
Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius. Butter & flour two 9 inch round cake pans.
For the cake:
1. Sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium sized bowl. Set aside.
2. Using your Morphy Richards Folding Stand Mixer on high speed, mix the buttermilk, oil, room temperature eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl until combined. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients with the mixer on low. Add the coffee. The batter will be VERY thin. This is ok.
3. Pour the batter into your prepared baking pans and bake for 23-27 minutes or until a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool before frosting.
For the frosting:
1. Using your Morphy Richards Folding Stand Mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter on high speed until smooth and creamy - about two full minutes. This creates a creamy base for the frosting. Turn speed to LOW and slowly add 3.5 cups of confectioners' sugar and all of the cocoa powder. Beat until sugar/cocoa are absorbed into the butter, about two minutes. Turn mixer to medium speed and add the vanilla and cream. Once added, turn the mixer to high speed and beat for one minute. Add up to 1/2 cup of confectioners' sugar if you'd like to increase the frosting's thickness. Taste, and add salt to taste.
2. Place one layer, flat side up, on a plate or cake stand. With a knife or offset spatula, spread the top with frosting. Place the second layer on top, rounded side up, and spread the frosting evenly on the top and sides of the cake. Decorate with chocolate chips or as desired.
3. Cake stays fresh, moist, and soft at room temperature (covered) for up to four days. Cake may be refrigerated (covered) for up to seven days.
Gooey Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies
Share these easy to make healthy cookies with your colleagues or family.
● 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
● 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened (use cream cheese in a block or spreadable, don't use fat-free, light or whipped)
● 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
● 1/4 cup granulated sugar
● 1 large egg
● 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
● 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
● 2 teaspoons cornstarch
● 1 teaspoon baking soda
● 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional and to taste
● 2 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips or chunks
1. To the bowl of your Morphy Richards Folding Stand Mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the butter, cream cheese (measure it by smooshing it into a 1/4-cup measure), sugars, egg, vanilla, and beat on medium-high speed until well-creamed, light and fluffy, about five minutes (or use an electric hand mixer and beat for at least seven minutes).
2. Stop, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, optional salt, and mix until just combined, about one minute.
3. Add chocolate chips and chunks, and beat momentarily to incorporate, or fold in by hand.
5. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius, grease a baking tray and place mounds on the tray, spaced at least 2 inches apart. Bake for eight minutes, or until edges have set and tops are just beginning to set, pale and glossy in the centre. Do not bake longer than 10 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for five minutes before removing and transferring to a rack to finish cooling.
6. Cookies will keep airtight at room temperature for up to one week, or in the freezer for up to three months. Alternatively, unbaked cookie dough can be stored airtight in the refrigerator for up to five days, so consider baking only as many cookies as desired and save the remaining dough to be baked in the future.
Did you know you could slow cook fudge? Or have you ever indulged in seven hour porridge?
Get inspired by the simple and delicious recipes below and you will never view your slow cooker in the same way again. Share your creations on our Facebook page!
Slow cooked chocolate fudge
An indulgent, but not too sinful treat….
• 2-1/2 cups chocolate chips
• 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
• 1/4 cup coconut sugar or maple syrup
• Pinch of sea salt
• 2 tablespoons coconut oil
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Mix together the chocolate chips, coconut milk, coconut sugar, salt, and coconut oil.
2. Throw into your Morphy Richards Slow Cooker and cook on low for two hours without stirring. It's important that lid remain on throughout.
3. After 2 hours, turn the slow cooker off, uncover, and add vanilla. IMPORTANT: Do not stir the mixture at this point. Allow to cool to room temperature or to 110 degrees if you have access to a candy thermometer.
4. Once cooled, using a large spoon, stir vigorously for 5 -10 minutes until the mixture develops a matte finish.
5. Lightly oil an 8"x8" square pan. Pour fudge into pan, cover and refrigerate for four hours or until firm.
Slow cooked porridge
A delicious and healthy, no-fuss breakfast for the whole family.
• 1 cup jumbo oats
• 4 cups milk (or half milk, half water for a less creamy version), plus a splash more milk to serve
• Cinnamon, dried fruit, nuts, maple syrup, sliced bananas, or whatever topping you prefer
1. Heat the slow cooker if necessary.
2. Put the oats in the bowl along with a pinch of salt and pour over the milk, or a mixture of milk and water.
3. Add the dried fruit, if you choose to use it.
4. Put the slow cooker on its lowest setting and cook overnight for seven to eight hours.
5. The porridge may have developed a crust overnight, but mix this in to break it up and add a splash of milk to serve, along with your desired topping
Slow cooked chilli
Classic comfort food dish, but better.
• 900g beef mince
• 1 large red onion, finely chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
• 400g can chopped tomatoes
• 2 tbsp smoked paprika
• 410g can Kidney beans, drained
• One beef stock cube
• ½ tsp hot chilli powder
• 1 tsp cumin
• Dash of Worcester Sauce
• 100ml boiling water
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 4 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
• Basmati rice, to serve
1. Tip the mince into the slow cooker stoneware and turn on to Low heat, crisp up the mince a little before adding other ingredients.
2. Add the onion, garlic, soup, paprika, beans, stock cube, chilli powder and cumin, salt and pepper, then mix well.
3. Add enough boiling water to come halfway up the mixture, to replace the moisture coming out of the beef and the onion. Place the lid on top and cook for four to five hours on Low, or two to three hours on High, or until the meat is tender.
4. Once cooked, remove the lid and stir. Add a little more seasoning and serve straight from the pot with basmati rice and plain natural yoghurt.
Slow cooked whole chicken
You will not believe how easy it is to make tasty rotisserie-like chicken in your Morphy Richards Slow Cooker .
• Whole chicken
• Salt and pepper
• Desired flavourings such as garlic, lemon, peppercorns or chilli
1. Take three pieces of aluminium foil and form into small balls, and place them in the bottom of the slow cooker.
2. Rinse the chicken, inside and out, under cold running water. Pat dry with kitchen roll. Season the chicken with the salt, pepper and whatever flavourings you choose, and place in the slow cooker on top of the crushed aluminium foil balls.
3. Set the slow cooker to High for one hour, then turn down to Low for about eight to 10 hours, or until the chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear. Simples.
Slow cooked chicken and mushroom fettuccine
An easy-to-make Italian feast that even the most inexperienced of cooks can whip up.
• 700g chopped chicken
• 2 punnets of cremini mushrooms, cut into thirds
• 1⁄2 tsp salt
• 1⁄4 tsp black pepper
• One clove of garlic, finely chopped
• Two packets of cream cheese, cut into chunks
• 11p butter butter
• 1 1⁄2 cups grated Parmesan cheese, plus additional for garnish
• 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
• 1 package (1 pound) fettuccine
1. Spray inside of your Morphy Richards slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Arrange chicken in single layer in bottom of your slow cooker.
3. Add mushrooms and sprinkle salt, black pepper and chopped garlic into the pot.
4. Stir together cream cheese, butter, Parmesan cheese and milk in medium saucepan over medium heat.
5. Whisk constantly until smooth and heated through. Pour over mushrooms, pushing down any that float to surface.
6. Cover and cook on Low for four to five hours or on High for two to two and a half hours.
7. Serve with fettuccine pasta.
Slow cooked spicy bean soup
A great dish to keep you fuller for longer.
• 1 tbsp vegetable oil
• 200g chopped onion
• 180g sliced carrots
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 600ml chicken stock
• 2 tsp sugar
• 450g frozen sweetcorn
• 400g can of kidney beans, drained
• 400g can of black beans, drained
• 400g can of chopped tomatoes with basil
• 400g can of chopped tomatoes, drained
• 110g diced green chillies
1. Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker, and cook on High for the first hour.
2. Turn the temperature down to LOW, and cook for seven more hours.
3. Serve with crusty bread.
With research showing that there’ll be enough leftover gravy this year to fill an Olympic size pool, we’ve come up with some fail-safe ways to help you save some pennies by turning your turkey trimmings into a tasty Boxing Day buffet.
Warming Boxing Day soup
After overindulging in one too many mince pies, why not treat the family to a comforting winter soup using all of the leftover vegetables?
All of these Christmassy soup recipes from BBC Good Food are perfect for ensuring all of your extra Brussels sprouts, carrots, parsnips and potatoes go to good use. Alternatively, use leftover ham to make a tasty pea and ham soup - perfect for a light post-Christmas lunch.
The Morphy Richards Sauté and Soup maker, allows you to tuck into this tasty meal without causing any fuss. You can put your feet up while your homemade soup is prepared in just 21 minutes. Simply sauté in the jug and then add your ingredients and stock.
The all-in-one turkey dinner method
We love this leftover turkey casserole recipe from BBC Good Food, as it uses up all your roast dinner leftovers in one go and has a delicious honey mustard tang.
It also allows our Supreme Precision 3 in 1 Slow Cooker to shine! Its three cooking functions means that you can seal and brown meat, fast stew and slow cook all in one product.
After searing, just set the digital display for anything from four to 10 hours for a delicious and nutritious slow cooked turkey casserole meal. But, if you can’t wait that long, then the fast stew function can prepare a meal in as little as an hour and a half.
Keep calm and make use of your leftovers!
So don’t panic that there is still mountains of leftovers filling the fridge – be creative and surprise your family with some turkey buffet delights.
Christmas is all about eating to excess, drinking and spending time with family and friends. But if you’re the host or hostess, the idea of all that preparation can seem a little daunting.
Don’t worry, we’re here to help ease the anxiety and help the festivities run without a glitch. Just think of us as your Morphy Godmother…!
Be organised and plan ahead. Leaving your Christmas gift shopping to the last-minute will stress you out and could result in some dubious panic-bought presents. No one needs a two-handled mug or a beer helmet. Trust us.
Make sure all your main presents are bought and wrapped up by the end of November so that December can be spent enjoying preparations like putting up the tree and strategically placing spray painted holly sprigs and tinsel.
For friends and family who love cooking up a storm why not order a gift direct from our website? You can pick up a Folding Stand Mixer for the aspiring Mary Berry or Paul Hollywood in your life, or, if you want to be ahead of the game for your January detox, how about putting the Easy Blend on your wish list?
Have a pre-Christmas clean. When you’re expecting guests, you want your home to look its best. Have a deep clean a few weeks before Christmas and draft in the family to help. Why not put on a Christmas mega mix to get into the spirt?
For a product that makes fast work of every surface in every room, get your festive mitts on a Luna 15-in-1 steam cleaner and you can use the time you save cleaning to watch a favourite Christmas movie! Can you really beat Home Alone for the perfect cosy night in?
Focus on the details. There are some clever little tips and tricks that will add a little sparkle to Christmas for your friends and family and make it truly memorable for everyone.
How about making a batch of personalised gingerbread men for each guest to welcome them? If you time it right, the house will even have the mouth-watering waft of Christmas baking.
Hosting little ones? Buy some plain baubles and paint and let them make their own decoration designs to take home with them – and to keep them entertained! If you need tips on what to do, check out our Pinterest board for how-tos and more crafty ideas.
And finally…….Enjoy It. Preparing your home shouldn’t feel like a chore and with a bit of thought, you can host everyone and still enjoy it yourself!
Did you know that your slow cooker can help you with dessert this Christmas?
A Christmas pudding is a traditional in many households, and they can be prepared both quickly and easily in a slow cooker. Here's our recipe below:
- 225g / 8oz raisins
- 225g / 8oz sultanas
- 225g / 8oz currants
- 225g / 8oz fresh breadcrumbs (whole-wheat or white)
- 50g / 2oz almonds – blanched and finely chopped
- 1 apple
- Grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 small beaten eggs
- 250g / 9oz moist brown sugar
- 225g / 8oz shredded suet
- 50g / 2oz mixed peel
- 50g / 2oz plain flour (whole-wheat or white)
- 1 rounded teaspoon mixed spice
- 3 tablespoons of sherry or brandy
- Grease the bowls and place a circle of greaseproof paper in the bottom of each.
- In a large bowl mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Fill the basins to 1cm below the rim. Do not pack the mixture in too tightly.
- Cover with a piece of greaseproof paper pleated in the middle, then a piece of foil.
- Tuck the foil securely under the rim of the basin and put the basins into the slow cooker.
- Put enough boiling water in the slow cooker to reach half way up the pudding filled basin and set the puddings to cook.
Half way through the cooking time top the slow cooker up with boiling water.
If you like you're Christmas pudding to be light - Cook for approximately 16-23 hours.
If you like you're Christmas pudding to be darker - Cook for approximately 23 hours.
But don’t worry - here are some fang–tastic tips that won’t take too long to achieve.
Unique last-minute costumes
Spider – What gives everyone the creeps? Little Incy Wincy, of course! Dress yourself up as a scary arachnid and prepare to terrify! All you need is an all-black outfit and some old tights stuffed with socks to make your eight legs. To hold your legs up, attach them loosely to your wrists using some dark string. Simple.
Pirate – Channeling a scary Jack Sparrow is easy to do and all the basics you need are a bandanna, an eye patch (make yours with some black card and elastic) and an old white shirt.
Make your shirt super scary by adding some fake blood. Don’t forget eye liner to draw on some menacing scars and a beard.
Delicious DIY treats to rustle up in no time!
These easy to make last-minute Halloween recipe ideas have minimal preparation time and look terrifyingly good.
The Bloody Finger Sandwich – These savoury snacks are a real winner with the kids. Spread strawberry or raspberry jam on a piece of white bread and roll in to the shape of a finger. Finish off your gory creation with an almond flake - it looks like a creepy finger nail!
Owl cake – Follow a quick and easy sponge recipe to make a basic chocolate cake. Take two Oreo biscuits, take one biscuit off, leaving the white centre showing to make oversized owl eyes. Use brown chocolate buttons for the pupils and finish off with yellow Smarties stuck in the sponge sideways to make a cute little beak.
For extra speedy mixing that takes the fuss out of baking tasks and saves valuable time, try our Morphy Richards Accents Folding Stand Mixer.
Happy trick or treating!
Which? is the best kettle and toaster set on the market? Why, it’s the Morphy Richards Chroma kettle and toaster set of course! And you don’t just have to take our word for it: the Which? team said that this is “the best toaster [they have] tested in the past two years”.
What’s more, according to the testers, “it’s rare for a kettle AND toaster of the same set to both be awarded a best buy”, but with its stylish design and unbeatable functionality it’s easy to understand why Chroma has outstripped its competitors.
The Morphy Richards Two Slice Chroma Toaster has a number of ‘winning’ design features which make it stand out from the crowd. The sophisticated white casing, chrome trimming, attractive base and non-slip feet make the Chroma toaster an eye-catching addition to any kitchen.
The variable browning function makes perfect toast every time, as each slice is evenly browned. The variable width feature means you can toast all your favourite treats, such as crumpets, teacakes, tasty bagels and more.
For those with limited time, the Chroma has a defrost function which allows bread to be toasted directly from the freezer, means you can enjoy toast whenever you want. The reheat button is also useful if you find yourself getting distracted – a handy feature for people always on the go.
The Morphy Richards Chroma Toaster easily tidied away thanks to the handy cord storage and is perfect for even small kitchens, plus the removable crumb tray provides fuss-free cleaning.
Just like the Chroma toaster, the Morphy Richards Chroma kettle also won over the Which? testing panel, due to its sleek appearance and ergonomic features.
Its large 1.5 litre capacity can make up to 6 cups of your favourite hot drink and the rapid boil feature means you won’t be waiting long too quench your thirst. The dual water window allows you to clearly see how much water is in the kettle, preventing the risk of over filling.
Available in a range of colours; the striking design and range of user-friendly features make the Morphy Richard Chroma Toaster and Kettle set a winning combination!
With the brighter weather and the approach of the summer body season, we all turn to lighter meals and healthier food choices, so it's the perfect chance to get innovative in the kitchen. And what better way to get creative than with homemade smoothies and mocktails?
Finding a blender that is reliable, attractive and good value for money can be tricky and that’s where the Morphy Richards Easy Blend Blender comes in handy.
The Easy Blend is great for the health-conscious, as its versatility means that it’s possible to make homemade milkshakes, smoothies and even health drinks that are fit for the gym. It’s easy to create drinks on the go as the blender is easy to clean, and the ice crushing blades means that you can throw in frozen fruit, ice and mix powder to create tasty health drinks. Take a look at some of smoothie recipes to get your taste buds tingling…
Orange and Berry Smoothie
Blend together 2 oranges that have been cut into chunks, with the peel and pith removed, with a couple of handfuls of frozen blueberries and strawberries. Once smooth, serve in a glass.
Throw 1 peeled banana and 1 peeled mango into the blender with the pulp of 3 passion fruits, add 200ml of orange juice, and puree until smooth.
Honey Breakfast Smoothie
After peeling a banana, add it to the blender with one large spoonful of honey. Pour half a pot of plain yoghurt in, and blend then serve.
If you’re finding it hard to entertain the kids this weekend, let alone get them interested in healthy fruit-packed drinks, then it’s time to get your hands on Morphy Richards’ Soda Sparkle. This product has the ability to turn tap water into flavourful fizzy drinks that are healthy and delicious. If your child has fussy taste buds, never fear! There’s so many flavours to pick from such as apple, strawberry, cranberry and even cola.
It's also a great opportunity for a picnic. What goes in the picnic basket is always a family debate, but the classic sandwiches, crisps and sweet snacks are always at the top of the list. And even if the sun doesn’t keep shining this weekend, there’s no better way to cap off a perfect weekend than with a refreshing smoothie.
We believe that when you start with great ingredients you finish with the best flavours and given that water is an essential ingredient for many recipes and the majority of hot drinks it makes sense to use BRITA filtration to help you achieve great results.
BRITA MAXTRA filtration reduces limescale, chlorine,metals and other impurities from your tap water. to help ensure not only the taste, but also the smell and appearance of both your hot drinks and cooked food is enhanced whilst helping your appliance last longer by preventing limescale build up.
Best to stay away from such a contentious area that is riddled with pitfalls –besides BRITA makes safe drinking water taste and look better but it is not a purification system –that is a completely different kettle of fish.
Hard water is water that contains a higher-than-normal proportion of mineral salts – at the latest count, nearly half (47.22%) of the counties in the UK are in hard to very hard water areas. This means that nearly half of UK counties are consuming water that contains above 200mg/l in calcium carbonate equivalent (Source: British Water). You can check whether you’re living in a hard water area by looking at this handy graphic.
Generally speaking, the most prominent hard water areas within the UK are in the South East of the country, however hard water areas within the UK range from Bristol and areas within the South West of the country all the way up to areas within Yorkshire.
Filtering is most important in these areas, so you can be confident that you’re drinking water that has reduced impurities. The best way to ensure your hot drinks and cooked food is tasting as delicious as possible is to change your BRITA filter cartridges at regular intervals which will also help prevent limescale build ups in your machine.
Additional cartridges are available to buy on our website – we recommend that you change the cartridge in your Hot Water Dispenser at least once every month.
BRITA MAXTRA cartridges are also 100% recyclable, just visit their website to find out more about your nearest recycling location.
One of the Redefine Hot Water Dispenser’s many advantages is that it’s perfect for bringing a whole meal together without the need to bring multiple pans to the boil. With its 3 litre capacity, it can fill a pan full of BRITA filtered water at the perfect temperature so that you can cook pasta, rice, vegetables and much more; just quickly change the temperature for different pans.
To get you started, here is a recipe to inspire your next Sunday roast that you and your family can enjoy over the weekend. If you’re feeling inspired, then make sure to share your creations on our Facebook page.
Amazing roast veg, with honey, herbs and balsamic
Freshly ground black pepper
1 kg potatoes, peeled
750 g carrots, peeled
500 g beets, scrubbed
½ bunch fresh rosemary, leaves picked
½ bulb garlic, broken into cloves, unpeeled
Extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon runny honey
Good-quality balsamic vinegar
Bring three pans of salted water to the boil. Cut any large potatoes in half and leave any small ones whole. Place the potatoes in one of the pans and parboil for 5 to 10 minutes, or until half cooked. Drain the potatoes, then leave them to steam dry. Return the potatoes to the hot pan and shake it around to chuff up the edges. Repeat with the carrots and beets but do not shake them around after leaving them to steam dry.
Scatter the potatoes with the rosemary, half the garlic cloves, a drizzle of oil, and season with salt and pepper, then spread them out evenly in a roasting tray. Toss the carrots with the honey, a lug of oil and season well with salt and pepper, then add them to the tray, spooning over any remaining juices. Toss the beetroot with a lug of balsamic and oil, and season well with salt and pepper, then add them to the tray too. Scatter over the remaining garlic cloves and roast all the veg in the hot oven for about 20 to 30 minutes, giving them a jiggle every so often, or until everything is crispy, golden and delicious. Keep an eye on them and rotate the tray for even cooking.
For the full recipe, image and nutritional values please visit Jamie Oliver's website.
If you feel overwhelmed by the idea of large scale makeovers, never fear, as there are plenty of quick and easy tips and tricks that will give a room a fresh look, without the high price tag.
To give rooms a bit of summer refreshment, and an organised new look, it’s always good to pick a colour scheme that will give your rooms a universal theme. Take a look at our guide to colour schemes that are perfect to give rooms a boost.
The possibilities are endless when considering which blue hue to use in a room. A North facing room can be brightened up with a host of light, bright, blue accessories, whilst navy coloured pieces can offer a touch of sophistication or even create a nautical theme.
An easy and affordable way to brighten up a kitchen is to accessorise with some key blue appliances. The Morphy Richards Cyan Traditional Kettle and Toaster add a touch of vibrancy and elegance to a kitchen, no matter what the style.
Pretty In Pink
Pink doesn’t have to look girly if you don’t want it to, and picking a shade that you like can easily change a room’s ambiance with a few simple products. You can give a room a sultry edge with a deep pink sofa or chair, whilst a room can be refreshed with pastel pink accessories, such as photo frames or painted side tables.
If you’d like it to always be summer in your home, then pick some key pieces that add a vibrant burst of yellow into a room. If you have a neutral colour scheme, or a room painted in a dark shade, then pick some pieces of furniture such as a yellow table or chair, yellow cookware or even just a couple of vases of sunflowers to give it a lift.
The Morphy Richards Large Yellow Storage Canister and Yellow Roll Top Bread Bin are fun and modern accessories for the kitchen that can fit into any room style, and don’t have to break the bank!
Soda Sparkle is ideal for those on the go or at home as it is a convenient and adaptable product which creates a range of great tasting, naturally flavoured and refreshing drinks in a variety of flavours. The low calorie flavours have no artificial preservatives and include: Apple, Tonic, Pineapple, Lemon, Lychee, Cola-Lemon, Orange and Cranberry.
Flavours can be added directly into the bottle or into a glass once poured, with each sachet pre-measured for the perfect taste, enabling you to perfectly tailor each drink. The flavours can also be mixed to create your own signature mocktail or cocktail – why not give it a go?
If you’re feeling a bit tropical, how about mixing pineapple or lychee for a refreshing twist to a glass of water? Or if you’re a fan of citrus, give an orange and lemon combination a go for a drink with a zing!
For budding mixologists, try out the following combinations for a taste sensation, or let us know what delicious concoctions you come up with yourselves:
• 230ml soda water
• 45ml strawberry syrup
• 45ml lime syrup
• 1 lime wedge
1. Makes one 300ml serving
2. Put the soda water and both syrups into a tall glass and stir to combine. Pour over ice and squeeze the lime wedge over the drink. Serve immediately.
Old-Fashioned New York-Style Egg Cream
• 60ml chocolate syrup
• 120ml whole milk, icy*
• 180ml soda water, well chilled
1. Makes one 360ml serving
2. Put the chocolate, then the icy milk in a tall glass. While stirring vigorously with a long spoon, add the soda water. Drink should be well mixed with a large foam layer on the top.
*Portion out the amount of milk that you need, and put in a freezer-safe container for about an hour, or until the top layer of the milk is very icy.
Being so compact and portable, Soda Sparkle is perfect for picnics, days out and holidays and with a selection of 12 different flavours there’ll be something to suit. The product is available in two starter kits – a single one litre bottle kit and a twin bottle kit that has an additional 1.3L bottle that come with five chargers and a flavour pack.
So what are you waiting for? Get experimenting with flavour combinations and share ideas with your friends!
Remember, you can win a Soda Sparkle Starter Kit complete with a year’s supply of flavours and chargers on our website. We are also giving away Twin Starter Kits to five lucky runners up – the competition ends on 31st March, so don’t miss out!
After this summer’s great weather, we hoped we wouldn’t have to reach for the winter clothes drawer so soon! Unfortunately – scarves, gloves and winter warmers are very much needed as the cold snap has hit us ahead of Christmas. That does mean though that there is no better time to keep ourselves toasty with warm, hearty soups!
If you’re struggling for inspiration, recently a panel of our favourite bloggers teamed up with the Foodies100 in a special Google Hangout to show the versatility of the Morphy Richards Soup Maker. They discussed the various different soups and broths you can create, as well as all the great functions that made the appliance so easy to use. Whether you’re a fan of chunky or smooth soups, the Soup Maker is up to the task.
You can watch the Hangout in its entirety on the Tots100 YouTube channel, and you can read all of the bloggers reviews below:
The Morphy Richards Soup Maker is available to buy now on our website.
The Intellichef Multicooker is every budding chef’s dream and incorporates eight different cooking techniques, saving you space in the kitchen.
Foodies with compact cooking areas no longer need to be limited in what they prepare and with functions such as grilling, braising, steaming and stewing the real challenge is finding a dish you can’t make.
If you fancy knocking up a spicy stir fry or slow cooking a soup, stew or sauce then you can easily do so without the fuss of excess equipment. Dinner parties will be revolutionised as the valuable space which would be taken up with appliances can be put to far better use by filling it with ingredients!
The Intellichef includes eight different functions such as steaming, braising, grilling, boiling, frying, stir frying, slow cooking and fast stewing. What’s more, the aluminium cooking pot is easy to clean so less time can be spent cleaning and more time spent eating.
With so much versatility and so many functions the only limitation to your culinary masterpieces in future will be your imagination.
To see the Intellichef in action, make sure to check out our advert that will be on your TV screens over the next couple of weeks. We are also giving one away to one lucky member of our Facebook community, so do check out our new competition app!
No culinary king or queen’s kitchen would be complete without one of the must have’s in the range and what’s more, they each come with a lifetime blade guarantee so you can make a purchase that lasts.
The biggest challenge when it comes to Serrator Blade technology will be finding something you can’t do. Fancy knocking up a healthy smoothie? Not a problem. How about wowing your family with a homemade soufflé? No worries! Want to impress your friends with a crushed ice cocktail? It’s a doddle!
The popular and trusted Serrator Blade technology stays sharper up to 12 times longer than a standard blade, leaving the competition in the shade and maintaining razor sharp performance for life. If you’re itching to get stuck in, just have a look at the range below:
The Morphy Richards Accents Blend Set provides a versatile option to tackle a whole range of food preparation needs. There is no blending, chopping or whisking task it can’t do and the 600W motor and eight speeds plus turbo mode means it can even crush ice! Mojitos and daiquiris become effortless and you could knock up a chunky soup in your sleep. Why not try it for yourself?
The Morphy Richards Accents Table Blender would not only look classic and stylish on your worktop, but also has a unique four blade configuration for fast and efficient blending. Long gone are the days when you would have to pre-chop nuts or harder ingredients, just throw them in and away you go!
The Morphy Richards Accents Induction Processor can take on the toughest food you can throw at it and make a meal of it in minutes! The powerful 800W induction motor provides continuous speed for great results every time and the 1.6L bowl and multiple accessories make your meal options limitless.
So, for equipment which is as ‘on point’ as your cooking (or so we hope!) then make sure a product from the Serrator Blade range is top of your Christmas list. Check it out for yourself on our Youtube channel
With the nights drawing in, no-one wants to brave the cold so make dining in and enjoying great tasting food even easier for your friends and family with a range of cooking and baking products to fulfill all foodie fantasies.
Not sure what to get the person that has everything? Well, everything in one of course! The Morphy Richards Intellichef can steam, braise, grill, boil, fry, stir fry, slow cook and fast stew all in one appliance, meaning multi-tasking this festive season will be a breeze. It is the perfect space saver as it comes with a frying basket and steaming rack which can be stored neatly inside the bowl and is easy to use and to clean. What’s not to love?
Do you know a budding baker, who has been inspired by shows such as the Great British Bake Off this year? Then why not encourage their new found love and give them a Morphy Richards Accents Folding Stand Mixer? The mixer folds down to a third of its size and comes with a handy storage box to ensure it stays clean when not in use.
There will be no cupcake too tricky and no bun too big with this handy and stylish product. What’s more, your loved ones will enjoy knocking up delicious treats so much you will be able to reap the benefits!
The Morphy Richards Soup Maker is a great gift to help your friends and family get through those cold winter nights and will also go down well with anyone looking to kick start their healthy eating after seasonal celebrations.
In as little as 21 minutes, you can be sitting down with a bowl of fresh, homemade and nutritious soup, made to your own personal taste and consistency. The Soup Maker can blend and gently cook in just 21 minutes, while the chunky programme cooks wholesome soup with a thicker consistency in 28 minutes.
This soup maker even comes with an additional juice function, so you can create delicious, nutritious smoothies and juice drinks too. Turkey soup anyone?
There is something for everyone, no matter what type of cook they are so we’re sure you can find the perfect ‘mix’ of presents to ‘spice up’ your Christmas!
The Accents Stand Mixer is a versatile, lightweight mixer that is a must have in any kitchen. The power and speed generated from the 800W motor (coming with six different speeds and a pulse setting) can make easy work of any mix, batter or dough that you task it with – meaning you can create delicious breads, cakes, pastries and much more! Coming in both red and white, it is also a great fit for different colour schemes.
All of the Accents Stand Mixers features will be demonstrated on QVC throughout Monday so there are plenty of opportunities to buy. To find the channel you need to tune into, see our handy guide below:
• Sky Digital: 640
• Virgin TV: 740
• Freesat: 800
• Freeview: 16
So set yourself a reminder, tune in and grab yourself a bargain!
Here at Morphy Richards, we recognised the need for a blade that stays sharper for longer and can be ready for action every time. This means that we are delighted to unveil our smart solution – Serrator technology.
The smart, new Serrator blade stays sharper up to TWELVE times longer than a standard blade, ensuring chopping performance for life. No more frustration as your blunted blade labours through chopping the carrots, no more costly replacements, just quick and efficient performance time after time.
Serrator technology is perfect to help you with all manner of tasks in the kitchen; blending, chopping, dicing and shredding will all be faster and more efficient than ever.
“Where can I find this mystical long-lasting blade?” I hear you say. Well, luckily for you it is now fitted in several of our smartest food preparation items. To find the perfect appliance for you, take a look through our list below:
Accents Table Blender
The Morphy Richards Accents Table Blender combines classic design with quality. The 620W product has four speeds and features a unique four blade configuration for fast and efficient blending.
Accents Hand Blend Set
The Morphy Richards Accents Blend Set provides a versatile option for all blending, chopping and whisking needs. The classic, red set with soft-grip handle is easy to assemble and simple to use.
Accents Induction Processor
The Morphy Richards Accents Induction Processor is a premium, high-quality food processor with a modern design that will fit into any kitchen.
Stay tuned to the blog this week for a competition to win a Serrator Blade product of your choice!
It’s competition time again and as the sunlight delights, it’s the perfect time to add a few subtle undertones to your kitchen. Enter the new Sage Accents Range.
Pulling from culinary inspiration, Sage is not only perfect for the kitchen but also for adding a touch of serenity to your hectic morning routine, and what an easy way to do it.
Adding dashes of through your appliances allows you to lift the tone of your room simply and quickly without the need for timely (and costly!) redecoration.
Sage’s subtly also allows you to complement a wide palette and depending on the colours you use with it, it can be playful, serene, sophisticated or funky. Try matching it with other earth tones like brown, yellow or grey for fantastic results.
How to enter
Simply answer the following question by commenting on this post before 12pm on Monday 22nd July, and we will announce the winner on the blog later that day.
What is more important to your morning routine a kettle or a toaster and why?
Our Accents range of kettles and toasters is all about injecting style and life into your kitchen, and summer is the perfect time to give your room a lift.
Pastel colours are one of this year’s big interior design trends and to celebrate, we’ve brought together two new collections to keep you one step of the curve.
The Accents Sage Green Collection
Green shades are set to be a big focus this summer, bringing a sense of nature into your home. With longer days and hot weather on the horizon, a fresh looking kitchen with accents of sage could be the perfect complement to your family summer.
All of our sage kettles and toasters are available on our website, including the Accents Sage Green Plastic 2 Slice Toaster, Accents Sage Green Jug Kettle, Accents Sage Green Traditional Kettle and the Accents Sage Green 4 Slice Toaster.
The Accents Barley Collection
Earthy tones are making a massive comeback in the home and to celebrate, we've introduced a brand new barley range of kettle and toasters to our Accents range.
Combining a choice of two styles with modern functional features, a matching kettle and toaster set could be your ticket to a coordinated kitchen look.