Chill out with this easy summer recipe for ‘cool’ gazpacho
But there is one food that is refreshingly cool and will leave you feeling full and satisfied well into the afternoon: Gazpacho.
This fresh, Spanish classic is flavoursome, takes minimal effort to prepare and can be personalised to suit your tastes. As if you need further convincing, it’s also kind to your waistline, as it’s packed full of vitamin-rich vegetables – so no guilt required.
No matter what your expertise is in the kitchen, gazpacho only requires a handful of ingredients and a hand blender or food processor. Morphy Richards’ new Total Control Hand Blender is the perfect helping hand, as it’s powerful enough to whizz through any recipe with ease, and it’s versatile to suit your food preparation needs.
To get you started, why not have a go at this simple gazpacho recipe to try at home?
- 1 slice country-style bread, about 1" thick, crusts removed
- 2 small cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 2 lb. very ripe tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp. sherry vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Soak bread for 1⁄2 hour in a small bowl in water to cover. Squeeze out moisture with your hands.
- Purée bread, cucumbers, tomatoes, garlic, vinegar, olive oil, and 1 cup water in a food processor until very smooth.
- Push purée through a coarse sieve with the back of a wooden spoon. Gazpacho should be fairly thin. Season to taste with salt.
- Chill gazpacho in refrigerator for at least 2 hours. Adjust seasoning. Serve in individual glasses, or in soup bowls with garnishes on the side.